Hi all

Obviously I'm not keeping up with the times but why can't we watch world cup qualifiers on terrestial TV ????  I thought President Blair had guaranteed this in perpetuity for us footie wathchers..............there appear to be no highlights on terrestial either, as I write we have just CRUSHED the might of Andorra 2-0.......................... the Golden Age of English football. Who said that ??

Any highlights for the Croatia game ????...............anywhere.

Happy viewing

Wilko

If you have broadband internet, you can watch most matches free online.

http://www.myp2p.eu/

You'll need to download some software, I recommend sopcast which is available from that site, click on the software tab. Once installed, on the day of the match you want to see, click on the live sports tab, then football and you should see the game. Click on that and you'll be presented with a table of many links to watch the game. Click on any of the sopcasts (or any other if you've downloaded the software), wait a few minutes for it to buffer and you should be away. Normally the streams are pretty good, but they are suseptible to buffering and they will be around 2-3 minutes behind real time, but what the heck, it's free! Start your stream around 20-30 mins before the game starts.

Been watching football this way for years and have only missed a handful of my teams games in that time.

I watched the Andorra game this way, although it was pretty boring, but hey, it's how England normally play!

[quote user="Wilko"]

Hi all

Obviously I'm not keeping up with the times but why can't we watch world cup qualifiers on terrestial TV ????  I thought President Blair had guaranteed this in perpetuity for us footie wathchers..............there appear to be no highlights on terrestial either, as I write we have just CRUSHED the might of Andorra 2-0.......................... the Golden Age of English football. Who said that ??

Any highlights for the Croatia game ????...............anywhere.

[/quote]

Not sure it was a guarantee, though he might have implied it - apparently only home games could possibly apply.  According to Sunday papers negotiations are ongoing, but Setanta are pleased with the situation so not likely?