AZERTY euro symbol?

OK, I give up!  I have just spent the best part of 15 minutes trying to find out where the euro symbol is hidden on an AZERTY keyboard.  I know where it is on a QWERTY one, but you'd think it would be easier to find on a keyboard for a country that actually uses the euro [:@]

Go on, give us a clue, please.

€ €

Yippee, they both work.  And now that I look again, the symbol is shown on the E key, it's just that it's cunningly hidden below the E. 

So obvious...now.  What I want to know is, why couldn't "they" have put the € below the £ and $ symbols, in place of the µ key?  I mean, how many times in a lifetime am I going to use that flippin' key?

A thousand thank-yous to you both, you lovely people you [:)]

I could not see the symbol either Cat and I (thought that I) had carefully scrutinised every one until someone pointed it out.

It makes sense now to be on the same keycap as E.

My major problem now is that I really struggle when faced with a QWERTY keyboard.

This  ¤ is what I have on the same key as the pound and dollar key, I wonder where can spend them?

[quote user="JRs gone native"]

This  ¤ is what I have on the same key as the pound and dollar key, I wonder where can spend them?

[/quote]

Any idea what the heck that ¤ thing is?  And why does ² have a key all to itself in the top left of the board - does everyone have that?  Seems such a waste of a good key.

On my AZERTY laptop the € and $ have keys all of their own, but not on my AZERTY PC keyboard.

I've got the ² key, like you say Cassis, waste of a good key.  How many times do we need to square something? 

And what about §, what the heck's that for? 

And, and,  and... for something that we all use so often... until I'd worked out that there was a "spare" full-stop under the 3 on the numeric keypad, I was apoplectic about having to use shift key to access the stop under K and L every time I wanted to finish a sentence.

Where's the logic?

Cat, you ask where the logic is on an azerty keyboard, why? I would have thought that you know by now there is zero logic in lots of things French. Take 80 as an example? Or better still 98 (I am not going down the road of 99 ta!)

My qwerty laptop has a dedicated € key. No problem [8-|]... Proper . too... Alt 'e' gives me é, similar for á, í ,ó, ç and ú. Good ere init!