Multi-room distribution

I am currently wiring the rooms in our French house with the Triplex sockets that will be fed from a distribution box. From a previous post I understand that I will need a twin LNB.

The question is, if I put, say, a Sky box in each room, will it be possible to watch different programmes in each room?

Paul

For each sky/freesat/numerique receiver you need an LNB ( plus a second completly independant feed if you want to watch onechannel and record another) . For two Sky boxes plus one Sky plus box you would therefore need 4 LNB outputs.

With a Triplex box Radio TV and Satellite signals are combined into one coaxial cable then separated at the socket. You could have a separate distriubution box to each room but I suspect the extra costs would far outweigh the savings on Coaxial cable. You are also increasing the number of joints which is not a good idea.

Have a look at the Satcure sight and buy 'Piping TV around the house for more information'

Hi

A single LNB will allow different channels, but it depends on which transponder of the Astra 2 satellite the program is on, if they are too far apart then not, maybe a twin LNB will be ok, since it gives broader coverage of the signal area. 

[quote user="tj"]

Hi

A single LNB will allow different channels, but it depends on which transponder of the Astra 2 satellite the program is on, if they are too far apart then not, maybe a twin LNB will be ok, since it gives broader coverage of the signal area. 

[/quote]

Sorry this is simply wrong. You can only ever watch separate channels at the same time from one LNB using two receivers if they a both on the same transponder and on the same fequency and polirization. For instance two boxes could decode separate ITV regions. See lyngsat for which channels on which transponder and frequencies are linked

http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html

You can fit an offset bracket and a second LNB to capture say 19 and 27 degrees East but a Sky box has been deliberately slugged to lack the ffequncies you need