What is the default password for a SKY+ box? I made the mistake of saving (locking) a recording, and now find it asks for the password (which is ridiculous because it's 4 NUMBERS!) before it will open it, and now I only have 2 tries left.

It's not exactly vital... it was only the BBC 4 programme about the history of 'Nationwide'  apparently it includes a bit of Richard Stilgoe's famous "Statutory right of entry to your Home".. something which I thought had long ago been wiped..

p

also what happens when you run out of password tries ??

We have the same problem, you are able to record but not view said recording of 12 plus films until at least 9.00 pm or after (try - may work!!) - was told you are originally given a pin code, nothing to do with the card number (tried and not worked)  Our box was 'donated' by one of our boys who has forgotten the pin no. so above is what we have to do.  Seems you get three goes, no effect on your card, film just deletes.

Hmmmmm....

Well it's not 0000, nor is it 1234, nor is it the last 4 digits of the viewing card. 

It's possible, I suppose, since it is a recon from an Ebay supplier, that it's set to the 4 digits of the previous viewing card - although I would have expected that to reset when the box was married to the current card.

Oh well,

I'll have to wait until I'm next in the UK and can give Mr Sky a ring.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

p