The cost of the diagnostics

mint

From what I have seen, read and heard, the cost of these seem to be around the 500 euros mark for a standard sort of property.

I have electrics under 15 years old, no gas installation, fully conforming fosse, etc.  mostly all services well under 7 or 8 years, can I hope (expect?) to pay less?

Also, if anybody has a recommendation for a diagnostics firm in the Charente Maritime, could you please let me have details?

Thank you very much.

The prices in my region varied. I went through the pagesjaunes.fr and rang around. I cannot remember how much we paid, but there was at least a 100€ difference in price, perhaps rather more. The sad thing was the a bloke in our village was about the most expensive and the one that was the cheapest was the one from the local city.......with a very fancy logo and gave the impression that they would be most expensive and far from it. I called about five or six places.

But do you need it doing? Check with your notaire, they'll be able to tell you, although you'd need the paperwork as proof that it was done within the 15 years. Don't know about the amiante, will that need doing????

• Diagnostic électrique Obligatoire pour toute vente d’un logement dont l’installation a plus de 15 ans (même en cas de rénovation). Réalisé sur l’ensemble de l’installation électrique privative des locaux à usage d’habitation et de leurs dépendances, ce diagnostic doit dater de moins de 3 ans.

Thanks, id.  I thought that you now have to have a value for the emissions or some such silliness.

But, I'll certainly have a word with the notaire.  I want to appoint the diagnostics firm myself, even if I do go down the route of an agent.

House will be a bargain for someone because it's in a condition to move into with all new electrics, insulation, Godin burners, telephone (including poteau on own land), etc etc. all put in with no expenses spared comme il faut[8-|]

Also, we are not wanting any more than we paid for it over 6 years ago (despite having spent a small fortune on it) because we had a massive bargain with our present house so we look on it as swings and roundabouts and I want to plan my new kitchen soon (and then I can get rid of that ridiculous range oven I have at present![:D][:D][:D])

[quote user="woolybanana"]Chateau with moat for the price of a bungalow, then?[/quote]

Moat's been drained, too much upkeep!

Turrets falling into disrepair.  Rats remain in the dungeons.  Bridge still rickety, otherwise parfait l'état!

Thanks very much, Jazzer and Pommier.

Your chap might be a bit too far away, Jazzer.  I looked his place up on ViaMichelin and it will take him an hour and 45 minutes to get to our house.

Pommier, I am going to have a good look at your link.