Livebox Disconnecting

Our livebox keeps disconnecting itself.  It happens about 4 or 5 times a days.  Basically there is a click from the livebox, the internet light starts flashing orange for no apparent reason - I ignore it for a while then give up and reboot the livebox.  It is truly irritating.  Our phone also works via the livebox so unless I am actually in the same room as the livebox I have no idea if the thing is connected or not.  Annoying when trying to run a business.

For some reason only known to them, I have been unable to make outgoing calls for a couple of days (yes I have paid all the bills and no I haven't inadvertently signed up to another provider).  Orange are supposedly going to reinstate the phone early next week, but this  disconnecting thing has been going on for a while, but has been worse since they mucked up my phone line.

Am not at my wits end just yet, but I soon could be (we went through all this disconnectio nonsense at the beginning of the year - they finally managed to resolve the problems after nearly 4 months, offered a measly 120 euros compensation - which still hasn't been paid - I have a bad sense of deja-vu.)  And being very rural, high up and towards the end of the line (goegraphically and phone-line wise) means there are very few alternatives we could sign up with.

Any advice /hints/sympathy gratefully received.

Fi

you're joking, surely!

I'm "orange pro" - and although they promised me phone within 24 hours and ADSL within 15 days when I moved house it wasn't until over a month later that it got sorted out!

Even then, if it hadn't been for the friend of a friend I would still be in the land of the unconnected now...

[quote user="powerdesal"]

It sound similar to our recent problems regarding incipient failure of our livebox due to (I believe) lack of synchronisation.

Try ringing ......English tech line 0800 364775

They were very efficient with our problem.

[/quote]

Thanks for the info., I shall try them in the morning (presumably it doesn't function on a Sunday?)

Fi

[quote user="JeanS"] I too had mega problems getting connected, still waiting for my compensation.[/quote]

Perhaps we should start a pressure group - "People who Orange/FT have messed around abominably who want what is rightfully theirs NOW"    Not that it would do much good - Orange/FT is a monolith of the worst sort - reminds me of BT 25 years ago - but it might make us feel better..... [:D]

Fi

[quote user="Fi"][quote user="powerdesal"]

It sound similar to our recent problems regarding incipient failure of our livebox due to (I believe) lack of synchronisation.

[/quote]

Thanks for the info., I shall try them in the morning (presumably it doesn't function on a Sunday?)

Fi

[/quote]

If you are in Vosges, how are you going to call the 0800 number?

[quote user="gosub"][quote user="Fi"][quote user="powerdesal"]

[/quote]

Fi

[/quote]

If you are in Vosges, how are you going to call the 0800 number?

[/quote]

Because it's in France - dept 88[:)]

[quote user="AnOther"]

[quote user="Fi"]Perhaps we should start a pressure group - "People who Orange/FT have messed around abominably who want what is rightfully theirs NOW"[/quote]Or you could join Teleconnect [blink]

[/quote]

I'm not a complete masochist!

I had a simular problem that turned out to be ivy growing up the lampost and into the telecom box opposite the house.  The guy who came to clear it says it is a common and growing issue if you will pardon the pun.

Regards

Simon