Leclerc PAYG Coverage in 24?

Hi - hoping that somebody may have knowledge of Leclerc mobile coverage in 24, between St Cyprien and Sarlat?  I believe that the provider is SFR and that they and Orange share the same aerial masts... our old Orange mobile used work well here.  I've checked out the SFR website - which does show coverage here - but there is nothing like personal experience!  None of our friends have the Lelclerc package ... can anybody help please?

Many thanks

That is a very general question you ask there Maggie. I have the SFR version of their phone and it does work in 24, but 24 is a huge department. I can tell you that it does not have reception at my house, but does in town 3 miles away. To answer your question one would have to stand at your front door with the phone too see what happens.

Mine also works at Domme airfield but as that is above the town of Domme, I would not know if it will work at Domme.

Orange phones don't work at my house either.

Thanks Bob - I agree, it is rather a general question [:(]  I'm loathe to be committed to a years' subscription only to find that it doesn't work at all here - wish they could loan you a phone / SIM to take home and check!  If Orange and SFR really do share masts it should be OK... and Domme is fairly close by.  Thanks for your reply. 

Yes they share *some* (quite a lot of) masts,  but only in a cost-cutting effort.   The presence of one operator does not forcement mean that the other will be there.   Gernerally speaking Orange (old Itineris) have the most installations,  followed by SFR,  then Bouygues.

The only thing I can think of is to ask around your friends/neighbours and BORROW an SFR phone;  someone must have one.

If you have the time and patience you can look at

http://www.cartoradio.fr/netenmap.php?cmd=zoomfull

By putting in your commune and unticking all the options except radiotelephonie you can see where the base stations are.    By clicking on the base stations you can see how many operators are there,  BUT it does NOT tell you who they are.

If you GO to the base station in person you can normally tell by looking at the grey cabinets on the ground,  as the emergency phone numbers are marked along with the company name.   If it's in a town this may be impossible,  and if it's in the country take a pair of secateurs.....  (to cut the brambles,  not the wires!)

Do also bear in mind that some phones are a lot deafer than other ones.   My limited experience points to the general guide that the more bells and whistles a phone has the less sensitive it is to networks....

Which gives me immense pleasure, as my phones are 10 and 7 years old,  and just need a new battery periodically....

Thanks for your reply too Martin ... I have already asked our friends, and most of them have Orange - some have even managed to resist the temptation & don't have a mobile at all!  I'll certainly have a look at your link, but don't think I'll go the secateur route!  Sadly we have just had to buy a new mobile, our 12 year old faithful has finally given up the ghost - very difficult to find a basic phone now!