SFR customer service number

I was considering changing to SFR  for my ADSL, but have decided not to go ahead. As I've given my RIB details I'm concerned they might lift money out of my account unless I cancel PDQ. Unfortunately the phone number I was given doesn't work - maybe I mis-heard it.

Does anyone have a phone number I might be able to use? The website only wants you to go via their 'assistant' - I can't see any number relating a live person to ring! I need to speak to someone I think..

Best wishes, Nick

SFR Adsl is excellent but their customer service is c**p. We have had no telephone line since 27th July. Have contacted them and had no satisfaction just a pat on the head and we will sort it out type thing grrrrrrr!! We have great internet and wifi but they are just so slow getting, what was a great line, sorted.

Suey

Thanks for your help with these numbers - however I decided to send a letter asserting my rights to cancel (the non-existent order) rather than risk further confusion over the phone. This followed advice I received from another question I entered in the Legal section of the forum - I was really panicking a bit by this time! So I will continue following up in that section of the forum and let you know how things pan out.

Best wishes, Nick

Yes recommande and also to be signed for at the other end, so they'll not be able wriggle out of receiving it! I've been here nearly 5 yrs now and still can't come to term with the games that get played and the way everyone just meekly conforms to them. While registered mail for important things makes sense, it does seem extraordinary how proof of delivery is all here, to the point where you need to retain envelopes with date stamps on etc... Ah well..

Nick 

[quote user="Nickd"]

I've been here nearly 5 yrs now and still can't come to term with the games that get played and the way everyone just meekly conforms to them. [/quote]

Ditto me Nick, its the blind unthinking deference that I fail to understand or accept.

I have two similar battles going on with AXA, even the most intelligent, educated and proffesional of my (French) friends seem to lose their grip of sanity when they see or hear the word tribunal, to a man (and woman) they all told me that I should pay up and then take my case to court, when I asked why they all said "if they say you must pay then you must" there is no arguing with that logic.

One of the threatening letters did give me a bit of a wobble as it was sent recomandée and very cleverly written using the present and not the future tense and indicated that a citation had already been granted by a tribunal for seizure of my belongings and that a Hussier would act after a further 48 hours if I did not pay the (now inflated) sum straight away.

I thought, this cant be true but nonetheless showed it to my most educated and professional friends, as I say it was cleverly written and the key to the deception was in fact in the previous paragraph but they were all blinded by panic and pleaded with me to pay straight away before the bailiffs arrived.

I took the letter to a local huissier who confirmed that it was "que des menaces" and confirmed that I would be summoned if it did ever go before a tribunal.

Time will tell if I am being an idiot by standing up to these bullying idiots.