FT/Orange TV via Astra 28e - Au Revoir Teleconnect (spit)

Following on from THIS thread I've just signed up with Orange for Internet/TV/Unlimited calls @ €49.90 inclusive (and how easy was that [:D]) and was very interested to learn that the TV is now provided via the Astra cluster @ 28degE.

This of course is the same as Sky which means no need for a separate dish, just a 2nd or multi feed LNB. Fortunately I have a quad with 2 spare outlets so all I need to do is install a 3rd cable, easy peasy.

What might be even more interesting for some is that they have a promotion on at the moment whereby you can have a dish installed for €99 but then they discount €49 of that via your bill and you can offset another €49 against tax so potentially it could cost as little as €1 !

Being pointed at 28deg means of course that anyone looking for a new Sky installation could take up the Orange package and just change the LNB.

I hadn't heard of this scheme at all, had anybody else ?

[quote user="AnOther"]
What might be even more interesting for some is that they have a promotion on at the moment whereby you can have a dish installed for €99 but then they discount €49 of that via your bill and you can offset another €49 against tax so potentially it could cost as little as €1 !

[/quote]

It is what I refered the poster to in this thread.

[quote user="AnOther"]Following on from THIS thread I've just signed up with Orange for Internet/TV/Unlimited calls @ €49.90 inclusive (and how easy was that [:D]) and was very interested to learn that the TV is now provided via the Astra cluster @ 28degE.

This of course is the same as Sky which means no need for a separate dish, just a 2nd or multi feed LNB. Fortunately I have a quad with 2 spare outlets so all I need to do is install a 3rd cable, easy peasy.

Being pointed at 28deg means of course that anyone looking for a new Sky installation could take up the Orange package and just change the LNB.

[/quote]

Ok Ernie,

http://abonnez-vous.orange.fr/residentiel/pack/NetTriplePlay-Everywhere.aspx?ZNE=1

Is this what you have signed up to? If it is, just in case you did not get it all (or maybe you were on the English speaking line?) this is a VOIP only service i.e no FT line rental and no FT line service.

If it is not that, then I don't quite get the 49,99 a month figure.??

As for the TV on Astra 28.8? , that is strange...

Orange sat TV is available on three sats:

from this page

http://assistance.orange.fr/2016.php?dub=2&

L'orientation de votre antenne satellite
L’antenne satellite doit être orientée vers le SUD avec une vue dégagée.
Les différents satellites compatibles avec la TV d’Orange par ADSL avec satellite sont :

• Astra (19,2°E)

• Eutelsat Hot Bird (13°E)

• Eutelsat Atlantic Bird 3 ( 5°O)

so unless they have added anew feed from ASTRA 28.8, I think there may be some confusion with the Astra 19.2 service. and you will need another dish for those sats....

Anyway here's hoping you get a better service

Danny

@ J&D

Australian couple across road have got it.

Pointed at Astra1, just the TNT channels plus any FTA on the slot.

The reception is better with TNT aerial so the TV is no big deal.

The VOIP ONLY covers france metropo but there are deals paid extra to for example UK & Australia.

The adapteur must be connected to the LiveBox to control the streaming from Astra1; you know VOD and that sort of stuff.

In a word bloody expensive...sorry two words.

I know a girl who has it, hers is pointed at Astra1 and she gets the TNT channels although the reception is somewhat unreliable at times.

Quite expensive in my view but like a lot of people they dont look at the price when they are seduced by getting something back from les impôts.

Could you get Free.fr degroupée where your house is AnOther?

That is the package Danny and yes, I was on the English speaking line. I'll admit that I didn't realise it was sans the FT line, I didn't ask for that nor was it specifically mentioned, only that everything would now be on one monthly bill, that could have been a clue I guess.

I suppose as long as it's with FT/Orange then I'm not quite as bothered about it being VoIP only as I would be with a 3rd party ISP and I'm not entirely sure that I would have been happy paying €56/mth either, don't know.

Don't know if other routers will still work on the line as they do

presently, I suspect not. Obviously if my actual line were to go down

there would be nothing to do except get FT out to fix it - as always - 

but if the Livebox failed it would be handy to have a standby router,

if it happens it's bound to be at a weekend, I have a hacked BT Voyager and a USB modem kicking around somewhere.

Re the TV: I was very very questioning and specific about it being via Astra @ 28deg and was assured that this was correct.

I was told that it was a recent innovation, I think September was mentioned, and something that they had been fighting for in response to many English clients already having Sky dish and wanting the TV service but not wanting to erect a second dish. The guy certainly seemed to know what he was talking about, time will tell.

As it happens I was on the brink of putting up a 2nd dish with a 6deg monoblock for Astra & Hotbird so if I have been sold a pup I'll just carry on with that as planned, I've already got all the hardware.

Why don't you phone them yourself and ask about it.

[quote user="Chancer"]

I know a girl who has it, hers is pointed at Astra1 and she gets the TNT channels although the reception is somewhat unreliable at times.

Quite expensive in my view but like a lot of people they dont look at the price when they are seduced by getting something back from les impôts.

Could you get Free.fr degroupée where your house is AnOther?

[/quote]Not the same if it's pointing at Astra 1

I'm currently paying Telespit €29.90 + €5 for unlimited calls + €16/mth, a total of €50.90, so the Orange package is fractionally cheaper but with more services AND CRUCIALLY, for me at least, looks like it will get my 2mb back.

I cannot get degroupée from anyone.

I am pretty sure it is not available on 28.2 E

Orange is listed here
currently available on Astra 1H/1KR/1L/1M at 19.2°E  as Chancer rightly says
and here  Hot Bird 6/8/9 at 13.0°E
and here Atlantic Bird 3 at 5.0°W

but not here Eurobird 1 & Astra 2A/2B/2D at 28.2°E

looks like you will need to get the motor set up.

The Orange salesperson may have been convinced about the 28.2E but that doesn't mean of course that he was correct.

Anyway, I am hoping you get a good service from now on.

Danny

Well peeps, back from a shopping trip and I've just spoken to them again, different person but absolutely certain and adamant that the TV IS on 28deg, he even mentioned, unprompted, that it was the same as Freeview from Sky so it seems it IS correct.

Can anyone confirm if this is true about the orange bouquet being available on the same satellite as sky?

The reason being is that I have just had my TV decodeur delivered from orange (after having the TV offer available for some time with my with my current package) and have not yet got it out of the box beacuse I am waiting to put up another dish next to my existing dish for sky on astra 28. I would of normally just plugged it in to try it after reading this post but am laid up on my back at the moment after a small op. I must admit the set up instructions also refer to hotbird when setting up so, like the majority of posters suspect that Another has been given the wrong information.

well.... It seems the left hand hath no clue what the right hand doeth

I still trust the sat feeds rather than the Orange reps.    KING of SAT 28.2

even the Astra sat site itself  http://www.ses-astra.com/business/en/satellite-fleet/28-2E/index.php
has no mention of French channels at 28.2

No sign of this on the Orange site. No news of it on any other Orange TV site I know.

Someone seems to be badly informed. It would be a shame for people to sign up thinking that they could receive Orange sat TV via 28.2 only to find that it is not possible.

Of course, the easy answer is to connect up an Orange decoder to a working 28.2 dish. My bet is on no Orange TV being accessible but it would nice for those who would like it if works.

We will await your news.....

Danny

I agree that all evidence would seem to point to the contrary however I cannot over stress how adamant the FT guys were that it is so, even in response to repeated specific questioning.

Also this second guy said 'we are the English sales team and are selling these packages all day long so if what we are saying were not true then we would very soon know about it'

Hard to argue against that.

Also they have their standard package on 13/21deg what would be the purpose in creating another targetted at the English unless it were on 28E ?

Time will tell. Punch will probably beat me to it but rest assured that once my kit arrives I'll be putting it to the test pronto

[quote user="AnOther"]I agree that all evidence would seem to point to the contrary however I cannot over stress how adamant the FT guys were that it is so, even in response to repeated specific questioning.

Also this second guy said 'we are the English sales team and are selling these packages all day long so if what we are saying were not true then we would very soon know about it'

Hard to argue against that.

Also they have their standard package on 13/21deg what would be the purpose in creating another targetted at the English unless it were on 28E ?

Time will tell. Punch will probably beat me to it but rest assured that once my kit arrives I'll be putting it to the test pronto

[/quote]

HBut have you got "polarisation elliptique"!

[quote user="AnOther"]Also this second guy said 'we are the English sales team and are selling these packages all day long so if what we are saying were not true then we would very soon know about it'
[/quote]

And just carry on selling it in the same manner because it opens up sales to them.

The same sort of logic that makes most stores put back on the rayon returned defective products even if every one is defective.

AnOther I really do hope that this time my scepticism is unfounded.

PS My friend's dish was installed in the summer pointing at 19 degrees by a female installer, I was told that it was creditable against les impôts because it was a prestation à domicile, they certainly jiggled the figures so that the kit was free but the installation and training became the prestation.

It got me thinking about visiting massage services [6]

Well silly billy me for taking in a single word of what FT/Orange said.

They have completely *&$%^& me by  prematurely taking over my line this afternoon which means of course that I have lost my connection with Telespit so am typing this on a friends computer.

They tell me that ativation of the new service could take up to 2 weeks it seems I'll be incommunicado until whenever.

To add insult although I still have a phone line until it is up and running again all calls at present are at standard FT rates. Allegedly I can claim costs back from FT but somehow I think I've probably cot as much chance of winning the Lotto.

See you all sometime [:(]

To an awful lot of French people there is only ONE Astra,  ie 19.2 deg E.    So they just go into "confused mode" if you say Astra 2.....

Just as there are still people round us who assume that Britain is in the €.....

Let us know how you get on Ernie,  'cos if it *is* on Astra 2 cluster it's going to be an interesting development....

[quote user="AnOther"]

They have completely *&$%^& me by  prematurely taking over my line this afternoon which means of course that I have lost my connection with Telespit so am typing this on a friends computer.

They tell me that ativation of the new service could take up to 2 weeks it seems I'll be incommunicado until whenever.

To add insult although I still have a phone line until it is up and running again all calls at present are at standard FT rates. Allegedly I can claim costs back from FT but somehow I think I've probably cot as much chance of winning the Lotto.

See you all sometime [:(]

[/quote]

To cheer you up, just think about the nightmare it is to get out of their clutches.

Changing to free.fr was a nightmare, not from the free end, but trying to get rid of FT/Orange leeches.

The only surprise with FT is that it is the staff who are committing suicide.

If it were the customers it would be understandable.

[quote user="AnOther"]

[/quote]

Well suddenly Teleconnect doesn't seem so bad after all.

I am with TC and have been for over a year without any major problems. My neighbour and I have had problems with our phone lines for several months and it was only when TC took over my line payment from FT that we actually got someone out to fix it. Thank you Teleconnect.

Hi I have the same package, except mine is E46.90 per month from FT/Orange, but my problem is we have to install a satailte dish first (BIG PROBLEM), we have got the decoder connected and are at the stage were we have to find a satilite, but it doesnt seem to want to play, Can enyone please HELP me or recommend a person with a bit my knowledge that me. I live near Gourdon Lot 46300.

Post edited by the moderators: Please do not post your personal details on the message boards.

• 2 weeks later...