My images on Google images how?

Hi,

Sign up to an account with Picasa web albums to store and view your images.  With regards to Google Images, this displays images that google find on the internet according to your search criteria, i.e. search for 'Ships' and it will show images of ships, not your personal photo's.

Regards

Have I understood that only if you have uploaded your pics to Panoramio then they will be found in the Image button on google.

I would need to be specific with the tag eg; ships, france , etc so the search finds it... yes?No?

Using Picasa web album would that have the same effect with google?Thanks for all replies.

I do want some specific pics to be found.

[quote user="milkeybar kid"]Have I understood that only if you have uploaded your pics to Panoramio then they will be found in the Image button on google.

I would need to be specific with the tag eg; ships, france , etc so the search finds it... yes?No?

Using Picasa web album would that have the same effect with google?Thanks for all replies.

I do want some specific pics to be found.[/quote]

The majority of images google finds most likely come from generic websites and the like and are found by certain keywords. Tags are similar to keywords, but tags generally only cross reference within one website, eg in your case Picasa.

Google would most likely pick up the keyword from what you call your image, so it's advisable that if you upload a picture of a ship to this album, you call it ship.jpg as google will see that and index that.

Same in blog sites, you see tags on those sites, but those tags only relate to the content within that site, further SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is required on every website page in order for it to gain a page rank within google for the desired keyword.

To allow Google Images to find a specific image you will need to title it fairly specifically. For example, a search for "St Goustan" will bring up literally hundreds of images from dozens of websites, whereas "Pont à arches, St-Goustan" will bring up one specific titled image (in this case from Panoramio). As Richard says the tags will only work within a particular website only.

Brian(again)