Google Chrome problems?

I only downloaded it on Jan'11th, so I'd guess it's version 4, but can't see a version type anywhere. It's a domestic set up, wifi to a lap top, no dongles! Vista os, all pretty basic stuff!

Other than this persistant shutting down the wi fi link it seems pretty good?

[quote user="f1steveuk"]I only downloaded it on Jan'11th, so I'd guess it's version 4, but can't see a version type anywhere. [/quote]

Steve, Open Chrome, click on Chrome (at the top), click About Chrome,  it will then tell you the version you have.

I'm running the beta version (for Macs) Its OK but slow compared to Safari and there are some problems transfering passwords and stuff from other browsers.

It's telling me 3.0.195.38, which is odd as I downloaded so recently! I love the way there are eight forums mentioning it, and yet Google refue to accept it may be them, yet there's fix in version 4, bless them!!

I might try safari as my Itouch uses it as well.

[quote user="f1steveuk"]

I might try safari as my Itouch uses it as well.[/quote]

Bear in mind that Safari does not like this forum, at least when it comes to posting replies (Small reply box and no Smillies)

Apparently an easy programme fix but no one at CF seems to want to sort  it..

[quote user="Bugbear"]Bear in mind that Safari does not like this forum, at least when it comes to posting replies (Small reply box and no Smillies)

Apparently an easy programme fix but no one at CF seems to want to sort  it..[/quote]You can't always cater for every minority BB [Www] [:P] [:D]

[quote user="Owens88"]I get the small posting box. I am with ie8 John[/quote]

John, use the compatability icon (torn sheet of paper) to the right of the URL title bar at the top, that will make it all work properly again.

Do not forget to update I.E. today as there is a security patch post Chinese attack on I.E.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/01/20/microsoft_emergency_ie_update/

Chrome 4.0 Stable? So far so good, not one glitch in 12 hours, and usually by now I'd have had to reconnect 10/20 times. Have to say, it sometimes either takes a long time, or wont connect to certain sites, where Firefox was 100%, but hopefully something that will be fixed, I think I'll stick with Chrome for a while!!! Thank you everyone

Having posted about the pros and cons of switching to Google Chrome, I

found it had a conflict with my AV, which allowed my laptop to pick up a

nasty. Fortunatley I had recently backed the thing up, and did a reset

to "out of the box" spec, and recovered the set up from the DVDs I

burnt. Switched back to Firefox, and surprise surprise, the things that

didn't work now do 100%. I'm slightly dissapointed, not with the AV conflict (I should have seen what had happened), but with the fact Chrome looked good, had some good features, but just failed to connect so often, the wifi switching off glitch and other foibles. One or two little things you can live with/sort out, but Chrome 3, or 4 just doesn't seem to have been tested thoroughly enough. As I say, back to Firefox, and EVERYTHING is working again!!

Hi

Wondered if anyone can help. I installed Google Chrome a few weeks ago and it was perfect. As of last evening the whole browser window became opaque, eg the back button is still there and works but i can only find it if I hover the mouse over the area in the browser. I uninstalled Chrome this am and and reinstalled but same problem. Anyone help me with this problem svp.

Regards Wilko