neuf-sfr account.

hi again, while in grumpy oldman mode[:D] I have another problem.

For several years used Neuf for computer and tel.service and paid 45euro every 2 months by direct debit.

Since taken over last year by SFR I have been charged this year ,each month,27.13 then 26.19euro.=53.32!!

Why?[8-)]

My french is not too good and i even tried to send a message on SFRmessagerie...BUT DO NOT KNOW IF THEY HAVE RECEIVED IT.

IS THEIR A TEL.LINK FOR THESE SCOUNDRELS WHO TAKE OUR MONEY AND PERHAPS CHANGE OUR CONTRACTS WITHOUT INFORMING US AND ARE ALMOST UNCONTACTABLE...UNLESS THEY ARE PLYING YOU WITH ADVERTS TO BUY![:@]

Thanks

You should have received an email late last year telling you that they were moving to monthly billing. I assume that you didn't receive/read the message.

I guess that the amount billed each month is changing due to differing usage of the phone.

Which package are you on with SFR?

I  began in May2004 with the simple adsl neuf CT361 modem  haut debit512 box supplied for internet useage and local calls in france  I was told were free.

I did not give up the  france telecom line, as my wife said in an emergency ,it was good to have this service, as she does not use  a mobile phone or like them and again are not always going to give a signal where we live.

Then I ssume this is still the best package for us,as we are not using the phone a great deal,and use skype for talking to grandchildren in uk.

thanks.

I agree with your sentiments about keeping the FT line, but I think you could do better even staying with SFR.

Firstly depending on how far you are from the exchange you might be able to get a faster service than the 512 you currently have.Try putting your details into www.degroupetest.com. That will give you an idea of just how fast a service SFR could provide.

Secondly the deal you are currently on gives you no free phone calls. You seem to be making quite a few French phone calls which is pushing up your bill from the basic 19.95 a month to around 26. The free phone calls you mentioned only apply to other customers signed up to Neuf/SFR.

Their faster deal which costs 34.95 a month  would include all calls including those to the UK and many other places together with much faster broadband (Subject to distance from exchange)

It's possible that you could get an even cheaper deal by switching to Free or Alice, but I don't recommend changing suppliers unless you really have to.........

Because we are on the right package for our needs?  SFR are currently offering a neuf box, telephone line and free calls to fixed numbers for around 35€ a month, if you have the TV its even cheaper.  We were paying close to that to Orange for the internet alone without the FT line and calls on top.  Phone them up!!