Cannot open email photo attachments.

My wife's Dell laptop cannot open photos attached to emails, but she can open attached documents.  The photos are listed in the attachment list, but the lists of photos are pale in colour and will not open when clicked on, whereas the lists of documents are a sharp clear colour and open when clicked on.  The photos do appear at the bottom of the email, but are enormous and only about one eighth of the photo can be seen at any one time.

When clicking on the paperclip in the inbox list she gets the message that OE has removed the link to a dangerous attachment.  The photos are not dangerous, and open well when forwarded to my machine, although they are still huge at the bottom of the email.

She is using Windows XP SP3, Windows Explorer, and Outlook Express 6.  It seems to me that her OE has unilaterally decided not to open any photos but I cannot find out how to make it open them.

Any advice gratefully received as she cannot open the photos of our brand new grandchild, and my ears are getting sore!!!

Many thanks,

David

A temproary solution:

If you can see the actual photos at the bottom of the email, right click on them and then select 'Save' (or maybe its 'save as') and save them to a suitable picture folder.  Do this one at a time of course.  You may then view the pics at your leisure and of course have them saved.

A much easier solution is for the sender to post them in a private folder on Picassa then send you an invitation to view email - simples

1. Start Outlook Express.
  2. On the Tools menu, click

Options.
  3. Click the Security tab,

click to

clear the Do not allow attachments to be

saved or opened that could potentially be a virus
    check box

under Virus Protection, and then

click OK.

Needless to say, after doing that you need to pay due attention to any attachments that could be a virus - but we are all careful about opening files or clicking on links from unknown sources, aren't we?