Sky+ under the bonnet

Could someone please remind me how to get into the engineering menu on a sky + box please.. I'm about to resite a dish and have decided to use Classic FM as the guide frequency to line it up, since this seems to be the most problematic to receive here in Central France, so need to change the default transponder.

thanks

p

http://www.wallaceit.co.uk/sky---sky----sky-hd/engineers-menu-on-all-sky---sky----sky-hd-digiboxes/117/article.aspx

I don't have a Sky + box to confirm if it works or not though....

Be interesting to know.

Or borrow an FTA box with Classic FM already in the channel list and use that.....?  (which you've already thought of else you wouldn't be asking!)

That would mean unhitching the temperimental FTA box which is sitting on a suspended shelf above the computer in the loft. the RF feed droops down, flexing the F-connector rather too much and so it periodically goes open circuit thus killing the R4 fm feed (usually during the night when it would have been nice if the clock radio had actually woken me up!) so I disturb it at my peril. Life without R4 freely available in this house is not worth living.

Thanks Martin. I'll give the link a try

p

[quote user="AnOther"]Huh......[8-)]

A satellite 'F' connector going O/C on it's own overnight......................................[blink]

[/quote]

You've clearly lead a sheltered life !

Have you never heard of  "the innate cussidness of inanimate objects" ?

All right.. to be pedantic and absolutely accurate I imagine it's the  F-socket which is causing the problem. On cheap kit they are hardly more than a tiny sleeve of folded metal embedded in polythene. Easy enough to deform over time and make a poor, intermittent connection.

There. Happy now ? [:P]

p

[quote user="Martin963"]http://www.wallaceit.co.uk/sky---sky----sky-hd/engineers-menu-on-all-sky---sky----sky-hd-digiboxes/117/article.aspx

I don't have a Sky + box to confirm if it works or not though....

Be interesting to know.

Or borrow an FTA box with Classic FM already in the channel list and use that.....?  (which you've already thought of else you wouldn't be asking!)
[/quote]

Thanks Martin,

I can confirm that for Sky+ it's

Services

01 then select

and you are now in the engineer menu.

And when changing the transponder setting, one must press select after each line (frequency, polarization, symbol rate, FEC) then store settings, or it reverts to the original.

Doesn't seem to have made a ha'porth of difference.. still shows about 60 - 80 % on both and no Classic FM !

p