New Orange internet deal: Starts TODAY. 37 euros, - including line rental.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read this with interest because it is exactly what we want to do. But from what I have read from this

http://maboutique-internet.orange.fr/residentiel/forfaits/surf-plus-26-ans-everywhere.aspx

you only get the calls free withing France mainland and you need this one

http://maboutique-internet.orange.fr/residentiel/forfaits/net-tripleplay-plus-everywhere.aspx

to get the full 100 countries which costs 40€ as far as I can make out?

We will still go for it and save the 16€/month line rental though which ever it is.

[quote user="Jonzjob"]... and you need this one

http://maboutique-internet.orange.fr/residentiel/forfaits/net-tripleplay-plus-everywhere.aspx

to get the full 100 countries which costs 40€ as far as I can make out?[/quote]

No, not unless you want the Cle 3G which included in this forfait - and why it costs more.

You want this one:

http://maboutique-internet.orange.fr/residentiel/forfaits/net-tripleplay-plus.aspx?rdt=o

Sue

Yes John you are right but you just have to make sure you choose the right package. If you want inclusive international calls then

is Internet without FT phone line plus TV including VOIP international calls and 1 hour to french mobiles and also 2 hours of mobile internet via a 3g dongle.

also without TV for the same price

http://maboutique-internet.orange.fr/residentiel/forfaits/net-dualplay-plus-everywhere.aspx?idnode=100211033

and both are available without the 3G service

http://maboutique-internet.orange.fr/residentiel/forfaits/net-tripleplay-plus.aspx?idnode=100211021

http://maboutique-internet.orange.fr/residentiel/forfaits/net-dualplay-plus.aspx?idnode=100211024

All of these require a livebox which is 3 euros extra if you rent one.

As I mentioned there may be further reductions/changes near the end of August when their new commercial period begins.

Danny

Following this post I went into the Orange shop and asked about the changes.  We have the Orange TV / internet / international & mobile free call package (we took it out a couple of years ago).  The only changes since then are to the international  / 1hr mobile free calls and the line inclusive option. The 'free' calls (which used to be an extra €7 pm) are now included in the basic package (so they updated our account for that - many thanks Howie for highlighting this!).  With regard to the line rental, we could switch to the groupage (i.e. have the inclusive line rental) but she counselled strongly against this.  She advised that, if we were in a city conurbation, it might be worth considering but in a rural area there is no way we should give up our separate FT telephone line.  If the internet goes down you have no phone.  The difference in € was so small anyway we opted to keep out FT line. 

(I have vague recollection that others on here had had problem losing their telephone lines because of a groupage arrangement a few years ago...)

Mrs R51

PS: The phone (VOIP) works exactly as it did before: you plug your standard phone into a little connector from the livebox then dial as normal.  Remember to unplug when you are finished so that incoming calls (on your normal FT number) are connected (unless you have more than one phone so can pick up incoming calls on another phone).  NB to access the free calls you must (obviously) be connected to the internet.  Ditto re the TV channels - your livebox etc must be on and connected and your TV decoder must be in range of the livebox.  (For us it involved a little tweaking of the position of the TV relative to the PC!)

There are 2 ways round the problem of power cuts especially if you have a mobile phone.

Do keep in mind that French Telecom and Orange are all one company and of course any sales person's game is to relieve you of as much money as they can. For instance how easy would it have been to automatically change people from the old tariff to the new one, the functionality is the same, you don't loose out on anything. Instead you have to 'be aware' and ask for it to be changed. I wonder how many people out there in 'Orange Land' are blissfully unaware of these changes and will continue to pay the old rate, I know I would have been if it were not for this thread.

'I wonder how many people out there in 'Orange Land' are blissfully unaware of these changes and will continue to pay the old rate, I know I would have been if it were not for this thread'.

Quillan, moi aussi. However, I did have a slight panic this morning having read the latest posts today. I've gone for Net Plus without the TV option at 34,90 and suddenly panicked that maybe I wasn't going to get free calls to the UK after all. However, having checked again I believe I am.

Perhaps though you can enlighten me as to why when I check through Espace Client, ma formula,

It says Net Plus 2010 Internet + Tele Vers Mobiles & Internationally and below this

I have a a box saying:

L'access voyageur a la carte 3 euros p/heure with a button alongside to 'confirmer'

and a box below this saying livebox 3 euros with a button alongside to 'confirmer'. As you have to have the livebox I clicked on 'confirmer' which then came back with a message 'desolate perturbation en cours'.

Should I ignore these two items?

Chris

[quote user="Quillan"]

There are 2 ways round the problem of power cuts especially if you have a mobile phone.

Do keep in mind that French Telecom and Orange are all one company and of course any sales person's game is to relieve you of as much money as they can. For instance how easy would it have been to automatically change people from the old tariff to the new one, the functionality is the same, you don't loose out on anything. Instead you have to 'be aware' and ask for it to be changed. I wonder how many people out there in 'Orange Land' are blissfully unaware of these changes and will continue to pay the old rate, I know I would have been if it were not for this thread.

[/quote]

Our mobile phone is a UK PAYG so very expensive for international calls - and we are an hour round trip from the nearest Orange / FT shop.  We wouldn't really want to be left relying on a mobile phone if the internet went down as it happens too often for comfort - plus we let our home so we wouldn't want renters to be left sans connection in an emergency.  As I said it was only €3 or €4 a month difference so hardly worth quibbling over.

With regard to the lack of automatic changes in rate - that's par for the course in today's world.  Businesses rely on stratified pricing and customer lethargy to maximise profits.

[quote user="Richard51"]

Our mobile phone is a UK PAYG so very expensive for international calls - and we are an hour round trip from the nearest Orange / FT shop.  We wouldn't really want to be left relying on a mobile phone if the internet went down as it happens too often for comfort - plus we let our home so we wouldn't want renters to be left sans connection in an emergency.  As I said it was only €3 or €4 a month difference so hardly worth quibbling over.

[/quote]

Richard,

the difference is actually 11 euros per month.... it is tempting for some. I have kept the FT line too though just in case.

net plus 35 per month

formule plus 30 +

FT line rental 16 = 46 per month

Danny

Hi

It depends whether you want unlimited international calls. My previous contract was 39.90 + 16 euros (FT fixed line) pmonth. Changed today (after seeing the info on this forum - many thanks!) to Net Plus at 34.90 +3 euros rental of live box & no FT fixed line. Saving 18euros pmonth. As others have said on the forum this is the benefit of competition. My existing Orange 12 month contract was coming to an end & I was tempted to go for Neuf Box - my neighbours either side have had no probs. - but it really was not worth changing for 3euros pmonth.

UaGallois

[quote user="Jane and Danny"]Yes John you are right but you just have to make sure you choose the right package. If you want inclusive international calls then

is Internet without FT phone line plus TV including VOIP international calls and 1 hour to french mobiles and also 2 hours of mobile internet via a 3g dongle.

also without TV for the same price

http://maboutique-internet.orange.fr/residentiel/forfaits/net-dualplay-plus-everywhere.aspx?idnode=100211033

and both are available without the 3G service

http://maboutique-internet.orange.fr/residentiel/forfaits/net-tripleplay-plus.aspx?idnode=100211021

http://maboutique-internet.orange.fr/residentiel/forfaits/net-dualplay-plus.aspx?idnode=100211024

All of these require a livebox which is 3 euros extra if you rent one.

As I mentioned there may be further reductions/changes near the end of August when their new commercial period begins.

Danny

[/quote]

I had a senior moment there Danny and missed the International bit and as we have family in the U.K. and me a sister in Aussy, which didn't used to be covered, that is just what we are looking for. I reckon that with the amount of power and internet outages we have (very few) we would be able to make quite a few calls on out mobile and still be very much in pocket!!

Just a point re telephony via the LiveBox,

Note that you cant use this facility for connecting a Fax machine or to connect a standard dial up modem.

I use a fax machine for bank instructions and the dial up modem occasionally to keep my BT Internet Email address alive. So make all outgoing telephone calls via the Livebox but Fax and Modem connections via the direct line these calls of course are charged at the standard rate.

The other negative that no one talks about is the Answering service. Most people are going to call you on your old fixed line number, so you need an answering service on that. When you call someone via your Live box, the Live box forwards your name as caller ID, assuming the recipients phone can display alpha numeric characters and not just the numeric, in which case just your new Live box number will be displayed. So the caller might return your call to the Livebox 'phone or to your old fixed line number.

Bit of a mess really!

I'm not too sure about the Fax thing. We have one agent that we advertise with who always confirms by fax because of security as the fax contains the credit card number of the guest. By the nature of my wife's work she often receives and sends fax's and all these work fine and the fax machine is connected to the LiveBox. I have never tried a modem but by the nature the fax 'negotiates' and works OK I can't see it should be a problem. Just in case it's an equipment thing we have a HP Officejet 6410. Some friends also have the same setup and the husband is an accountant who regularly fax's back and forth to the UK without problem (they also have an Officejet but I can't remember the exact model). Both of us have this new deal but both of us were on the old deal for the same thing but costing more and we don't have a normal landline.

It seems there may be more to your problem than might meet the eye. If you can get over the fax and modem problem then you can use the same type of offer as we have and then the answerphone won't be a problem either.

I have an 04 number on our fixed line and have been told that it will be transferred to the Livebox and replace the 09 number.

Quote from the site "En effectuant votre changement d'offre sur orange.fr, vous conservez automatiquement votre numéro de téléphone fixe géographique (en 01, 02, 03, 04 ou 05) sur votre ligne de téléphone par internet."