computer help.

Yes another vote for CCleaner, but I would suggest caution with it's registry cleaner.   You need to uncheck cookies if you want to keep any.

I gave up Advanced System Care when it's owner, Iobit from China, was caught stealing the Malwarebytes database.

[quote user="jamesg"]Yes another vote for CCleaner, but I would suggest caution with it's registry cleaner.   You need to uncheck cookies if you want to keep any.

I gave up Advanced System Care when it's owner, Iobit from China, was caught stealing the Malwarebytes database.
[/quote]

I keep the cookies checked to get rid of ALL unwanted cookies BUT I do make sure that the cookies I do wish to retain are noted in cookies to keep in the Options/Cookies/Configuration.

So I can happily run CCleaner knowing that I will still remain permanently logged in to Complete france and Deezer.

Hi Fols thanks for all the advice,help and comments on my previous post.I have run WinDirStat as recommended and programme files are taking up 48.6%,Windows 21.7% which is leaving 17.4% free space.I note that I am running service pack Net 3.0.Can service pack2 be deleted to free up more space?Dont want to cock up any more operations. Thanks,Maude