Firefox and E-mail on a Mac

I have a Mac, and I have both Safari and Firefox as browsers.  Generally I prefer Safari, but on some sites - including this forum - Safari converts some things into garbage on the screen, like the "quote" procedure. 

So for this forum I use Firefox.  No problem, except that when I follow a link given in an e-mail notification, the Mac's Mail program insists on using Safari to go there - it will even open Safari if it was closed.

Does anyone know whether there is a way to force Mail to use Firefox for these links?

Can you do something like that for mail too?

I have two e-mail accounts and the default one seems to be the one I don't really use much now (but don't want to get rid of).

If, for instance, I want to write to a company using their contact us facility, my computer automatically sends the email from the wrong email address.

not a big problem but a bit of a nuisance.

Most e-mail programs offer an option to set any account as the default, which means that clicking on a 'mail to' link on a web site will bring up a blank message screen set to your default account. You will find the setting in the screens you use to set up the details, server information etc for your e-mail accounts; look for 'accounts' under tools, options, or a similar heading.

[quote user="Juswundrin"]Hi Allan

This might vary depending on what versions you're using, but it should be something like this: in Safari preferences, under General, you'll see an option for "Default web browser"; simply select Firefox from the list.[/quote]It worked.  Thank you very much.

Isn't it nice when something turns out to be simpler than you expected, instead of being more complicated?