I have an analogue TV via aerial picking up the 6 main channels for French TV. In October we go digital. I have bought myself a Recepteur TNT and connected it up. However I only get a few channels. I cant get TF1 very well and TF2 and 3 not at all!

What could be the reasons - the area I live in (Cher18), my aerial, the aerial cable, the scart lead?

I always got an excellent picture on analogue so surely the aerial is OK.

Most of 18 is covered by Bourges Neuvy Deux Clochers,   the site is near the Motte d'Humbligny.  How far are you from that?

Whilst it's odd that a good analogue signal situation is giving poor digital results,   the power of the TNT transmissions will be considerably increased in October when the analogues are switched off.    At that point you will also need to do a rescan as the frequencies will change.    It may be that all will "rentre en ordre" at that point.

One other thought,   have you got any channels memorised up in the 800's on your box?   If so are they any better?   Just a thought.

Thanks for all the advice and the links. I am not a resident and in fact I will be back in UK from mid Oct to mid Dec so I will find out what I have or havent got when I return so I dont see me spending money on new aerials etc until I have seen how the switchover affects me.

Yeah it could be that when I retune afterwards I get better signal.

Cheers

I prefer this website to test reception : tnttest.org

It  provides detailed information on current and future signal levels on your location e.g.:

CHAINES TNT PHASE 1 jusqu'à l'arrêt des chaines analogiques

sig:4/5 | LIMOGES LES CARS | En service transitoire

très bonne réception à cet endroit.

TNT-R1 49H 113° 27.8km 64.2dBµV/m en service (France2, France3, France5, LCP, chaîne locale, France O)

TNT-R2 48H 113° 27.8km 64.3dBµV/m en service (Direct8, France4, BfmTv, Virgin17, Gulli, i>Télé)

TNT-R3 26H 113° 27.8km 62.1dBµV/m en service (C+HD, C+Ciné, C+Sport, Planète, Tps Star, Chaine payante à venir)

TNT-R4 55H 113° 27.8km 62.8dBµV/m en service (M6, W9, NT1, Paris Première, Arte HD)

TNT-HD 27H 113° 27.8km 67.1dBµV/m démarrage: 29/03/2011 (TF1 HD, France2 HD, M6 HD)

TNT-R6 47H 113° 27.8km 64.4dBµV/m en service (TF1, LCI, Eurosport, TF6, Nrj12, Tmc, Arte)

Thanks Jako, putting my address shows me that my analog signal is good (which obviously I know) and that the TNT digital signal is transitory and currently lower than I can reasonably expect after the switchover. So the advice to do nothing until then seems to be wise. The smiley faces will then have broader grins!!!