Satellite reception

Hi Forum,

Got a problem with satellite reception, I have a digi Sky box , a 80 cm dish on roof and I get perfect reception of all freesat programmes,Recently I bought another dish ( 100 cm) and a universal lmb to use with my campervan,so I got the sky box connected it up to the new dish ( which is on a tripod on the patio) switched on the tv and sure enough after I had roughly aligned it with a meter the setup screen said I had a signal both bars were about 75 percent, however I cannot get any channels as sometimes it says no default transponder and other times it says no signal being received although the setup screen shows a signal, also I notice that there is no network id (000)and also no transport stream ??? What am I doing wrong !! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Billy10[

If the satelite is pointed in the correct direction it's gotta be something else.

If the 'lmb' is that thingy that points at the dish makes sure it's got a low number on it and that it works.

The lower the number the more powerful and less interference.

They do get water inside and sometimes just give up and die.

Assuming as above that its pointing at the right place, the LNB may have to be skewed to receive the proper signal.  By skewed I mean turing it 45 deg (I think) I don't know the exact number of degrees as my LNB has a arrow maked on it just for this.

The next step is to do a full satellite and chanal scan and see what you get.

If I had somewhere with a dish already set up I would align the second dish by eye rather than with a satfinder.

Try unplugging the digibox counting to ten and reconnecting they sometimes lock up and fail to display subsequent changes in signal strength/quality. You should be able to get well beyound 75% strength with 100 cms andwhere in mainland France. Bigger dishers are harder to align.