Turn off phone Residence Secondaire.

Here are the rules for my account:

Avec cet abonnement, vous disposez des avantages d'une ligne fixe dans votre résidence secondaire avec la possibilité de la suspendre et de la réactiver dans des conditions particulières :

Le numéro de téléphone de votre ligne est conservé pendant les périodes de suspension.

Vous bénéficiez des conditions de l'abonnement principal lorsque la ligne est en service.

La ligne peut être suspendue pour une durée minimale de un mois

La ligne peut être réactivée pour une période minimale de un mois.

Le nombre de suspensions est limité à six maximum, sur une période de douze mois consécutifs.

La durée maximale de suspension est de un an. Au delà de cette date, la ligne est résiliée et le numéro peut être réattribué par France Télécom.

-I emailed FT and they switched off my phone and as you can see they apologise for the technical problem which they are working to resolve.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonjour,

Je vous confirme "la désactivation" de votre ligne effectuée le 31/08/2010.

L'anomalie rencontrée pour activer ou désactiver votre ligne résidence secondaire à partir de votre espace client est en cours de résolution auprès de nos services techniques experts.

France Télécom vous prie de bien vouloir l'excuser de cet incident.

Pour information, vous pouvez utiliser le serveur vocal gratuit 3000 pour effectuer l'activation ou désactivation de votre ligne.

Accessible depuis l'étranger en composant depuis le pays le 00 33 puis le 969 36 3000

Je reste à votre disposition pour tout renseignement complémentaire.

Cordialement

Merci de votre confiance,

Muriel Gautier

Votre conseiller client

• 2 weeks later...
I couldn't manage to switch my ligne secondaire off, but have now managed to do so. Previously in the phone number field I have always managed to put the phone number in which is the one I am suspending as it doesn't allow a UK number. I tried that a few times but kept getting the blank page a no confirmation email. I then put in my French mobile number and it worked instantly, I've no idea if there has been any contact to the mobile as I don't generally switch it on when in the UK, will check later.

It really is a piece of cake to use 3000 and just say "suspendre ligne residence secondaire" or "desactiver ligne residence secondaire" down the phone line. The robot even repeats what they think you said so they've got it right, after that all you need to say is "Oui" to confirm, and job's a good 'un. Takes about a minute, then I unplug the phone, walk out of the door and go home.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone have an email address for the english speaking helpline as I am having trouble getting through on the phone. Promissed by FT to change line to RS but no action so I may just end the contract anyway, do I need to give two months notice as you do with insurance?

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]It really is a piece of cake to use 3000 and just say "suspendre ligne residence secondaire" or "desactiver ligne residence secondaire" down the phone line. The robot even repeats what they think you said so they've got it right, after that all you need to say is "Oui" to confirm, and job's a good 'un. Takes about a minute, then I unplug the phone, walk out of the door and go home.
[/quote]

Phew, got throught to FT this morning and changed the ligne to residence secondaire. As Betty says, dial 3000 but also following the voicemail press 1 to suspend, 2 to reactivate and the hash key to confirm.