Problem sending emails to Hotmail accounts

Hi,

I am having all my emails returned from any hotmail accounts that I try to send to. can anyone help with this problem please ?

I am using Outlook express and Mozilla Firefox is my browser. My account is with orange.

I have tried changing the SMTP server from 25 to

587 as has been suggested elsewhere but still no joy. Has anyone got a

quick fix please ?

This is the message I get when the mails are not delivered;

This is the mail system at host mwinf2e13.orange.fr.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not

be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can

delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<XXXXXXX>: host mx1.hotmail.com[65.55.37.120] said: 550 SC-001

Unfortunately, messages from xx.xx.xxx.xxx weren't sent. Please

contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on

our block

list. You can also refer your provider to

http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. (in reply to MAIL

FROM command)

I cant help you with an answer Punch but the guy in my scuba diving club responsible for dispersing all communications asked me if I had got his last mail (I hadn't) he said it wasnt just me but all those with Hotmail addresses, today a test one got through, I dont know if he has found a solution or it has resolved itself, I will ask him next week.

He has had no problems sending mails to me for the last couple of years, only recently, I have in the past recieved many E-mails from Orange.fr addresses but of course dont know those that havnt got through, it could explain some situations in the past when I thought that I had been ignored or forgotten.

[quote user="Chancer"]

I cant help you with an answer Punch but the guy in my scuba diving club responsible for dispersing all communications asked me if I had got his last mail (I hadn't) he said it wasnt just me but all those with Hotmail addresses, today a test one got through, I dont know if he has found a solution or it has resolved itself, I will ask him next week.

He has had no problems sending mails to me for the last couple of years, only recently, I have in the past recieved many E-mails from Orange.fr addresses but of course dont know those that havnt got through, it could explain some situations in the past when I thought that I had been ignored or forgotten.

[/quote]

Thanks Chancer,

Yes I think it is a bit hit and miss wether people with hotmail adresses actually get all emails from Orange, but sods law some important emails I need to send to clients in the Uk this weekend don't seem to be arriving.  I think I could probably send them via the orange.fr messagerie service but it is a pain when my OE has been working fine beforehand.

[quote user="Chancer"]

[/quote]

Thanks Chancer,

Yes I think it is a bit hit and miss wether people with hotmail adresses actually get all emails from Orange, but sods law some important emails I need to send to clients in the Uk this weekend don't seem to be arriving.  I think I could probably send them via the orange.fr messagerie service but it is a pain when my OE has been working fine beforehand.

• 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately Wanadoo (orange as was) in their wisdom used to leave their servers open to allow relaying from other non-wanadoo email accounts (so you could be connected via wanadoo to the internet but still send btconnect emails for example). This is perfect for spammers to use as they can hide their real identities so some companies like hotmail and mac.com blacklisted wanadoo connections.

The reason it works sometimes and not others is because each time you connect to the internet you are assigned an IP address. If that IP address is one of the old wanadoo ones hotmail will block your emails to hotmail addresses.

The fix is to restart your connection - either by going through the livebox menus to restart it or by simply unplugging it and plugging it back in. You'll need to do it until you get assigned an IP address that is not on the blacklist.

Alternatively get a free email account with someone else (google is probably best) and send emails via that. It's very easy to have two email accounts in Outlook both delivering to the same inbox - just select google to reply.

Hope that helps...

I've just had a call from a friend asking why I haven't replied to her email - hotmail of course. But I did 2 days ago and nothing has bounced. We too are with Orange. Considering I pay them 30€ a month I think it shouldn't be beyond their wit to allow us to send emails to the largest group of email accounts in the world ! Do I really have to get another account and then search the addresses of all my contacts just so I can send to them from the second account !! I think not. In many cases my contacts are just listed by names - I'd have to open their contact record to know if they are with hotmail.

I'd be interested to know if this is going to be resolved and I will be preparing my best 'disgusted of Tunbridge Wells' response to Orange. [6]

[quote user="greyman"]I've just had a call from a friend asking why I haven't replied to her email - hotmail of course. But I did 2 days ago and nothing has bounced. We too are with Orange. Considering I pay them 30€ a month I think it shouldn't be beyond their wit to allow us to send emails to the largest group of email accounts in the world ! Do I really have to get another account and then search the addresses of all my contacts just so I can send to them from the second account !! I think not. In many cases my contacts are just listed by names - I'd have to open their contact record to know if they are with hotmail.

I'd be interested to know if this is going to be resolved and I will be preparing my best 'disgusted of Tunbridge Wells' response to Orange. [6]

[/quote]

100% agree with you there Greyman !

Although the replies have been very helpful, I would prefer that we can find a fix directly from Orange without having to set up new accounts and change email addresses. Please let you know if you manage to resolve the problem, and I will do likewise.