French Digital TV, Loss of Sky Signal

Why isn't life ever simple! With the advent of French digital TV in our area from 19th October, we switched over to SFR for our telephone, internet and French digital TV. After a few problems setting up the internet connection we were back online, onward to the TV connection. Following the instructions which were quite simple we managed to receive French digital TV via our neufbox, fantastic. Feeling rather chuffed with myself now having got all our new services to work, I switched the TV back to receive Sky TV, rien!

Does this mean we are unable to receive both French and UK digital TV signals, and it is a case of one or the other? The television has obviously been tuned in to receive French digital TV via the neufbox, and seems to have disabled our Sky signal. I have unplugged all the leads from our neufbox, but when trying to access Sky the screen is blank. I must admit that I am not very good at all things technical when it comes to setting up TVs etc, so is there anybody out there more technically minded that can shed some light on my situation.

The sky signal comes out of the sky box, along a lead and into one of the TVs inputs.

The Neufbox signal comes from that box, along a different lead and into a different TV input.

I would think that you are not selecting the correct input to the TV as the two systems should be separate.

Thanks for that Bob. After I posted yesterday I went back and used the zapper that came with the TV to try different AV channels, which I had tried earlier and nothing appeared on screen. When I selected AV2 my Sky picutre appeared, so I thought all was well, then after about 5 minutes the sound disappeared but we still had a picture. After checking our old friend the scart lead it was indeed hanging out of the TV slightly, after pushing it back in, we have both picutre and sound from Sky.

I don't know if this was the problem all along as I have left well alone for the weekend, I will connect our Neufbox back into the TV tomorrow and see if we can access both French TV and Sky.