Sky : Them or me?

I've suddenly lost all the Sky channels and there is a message saying "There is a technical fault with this channel.  Please try later."  The signal test is blank.

I don't think it's my dish as the Freesat decoder is working normally.

Anyone else got a problem or has the box gone on the fritz?

Well, I haven't plugged my Sky box in for nearly two years, but I'm confident in saying that it's your box.

Both systems use the same satellite, so if your freesat receiver is working (as is mine) the transmissions from the satellite are fine.

Regards - Tim

Phew - managed it before 7 o'clock so my daily fix is unaffected! Turned it off for a couple of minutes and all is back to normal. It's such a hassle for me these days to fiddle about behind the TV that I like to know it's not a general problem before I start messing about and it is not the o/h's department.[Www]  Your assistance was invaluable, as per, chaps.[B]

This has happened to me fairly requently just lately. I found that by going to [Services] on the remote then pressing [4  System Setup] then pressing [8 System Health Check] the bottom window fills up to 15 and all is well. Press [Sky] and everything is working again.

[quote user="woolybanana"]These things happen after vigorous hoovering and knowing that Coops is a vacuuming fanatic, I think the problem may be there![/quote]

Sorry have no idea what you mean - I cannot keep up with all these new euphemisms.

John

I though my quad LNB had died yesterday morning when I found zero signal quality on all my boxes, that was until I looked out of the window and saw the snow, so I went out and checked my dish only to discover a build up on the LNB arm blocking it completely. Fortunately the dish it is mounted under the eaves at the end if the house and only about 8ft high so a slight tap with a broom soon sorted it out [:)]

[quote user="woolybanana"]These things happen after vigorous hoovering and knowing that Coops is a vacuuming fanatic, I think the problem may be there![/quote]Yeah, right.

As it happens, I have a cleaner (whom the b*st*rd lorry driver's insurance pays for, I might add!) and, as much as I appreciate her, she does annoy me when she insists on cleaning behind the telly, whereupon all the silly peritels fall out - thus I come back from hospital to find that nothing has recorded while I've been out.[:@]  I mean, who looks behind the tv, for goodness's sake?