French TV--- TNT. Teletext problem

I recently installed a " Strong SRT 7400 " digibox, to replace my previous box which only provided 6 channels. I now have TNT, and a TV capable of receiving High Definition programmes. Signal strength and quality are good, via HDMI. However I am unable to make the teletext function to work. The info function is fine. Also connected to the same TV is my English set-up which has no problems. The manual indicates Text as being a normal item.Is it my lack of understanding, ( quite likely ) or is there something fundamental about Text from TNT. Paul.

Check the Strong Digibox Remote Control for a teletexte button....pressing this will allow the teletexte signal to be decoded and passed to the TV....then the Remote Control for the TV will allow you to navigate by pressing the Teletexte button on the TV TeleCommande.

Bound to be something in the Manuels about it.

Sous-titres on page 888.

Thanks pachapapa. Yes, it's all in the manual, but when I follow the instructions, and yours, I receive the message " no text transmission available " This happens with all the French channels. When I look at the info for any channel, I see a row of horizontal icons, most encircled in yellow. The one at second left, which I think denotes text, is in grey, which I assume means not being received. So the puzzle continues. Pog

I dont have TNT terrestrial or satellite but digital teletexte works on other countries so it is not a problem for me at the moment.

However it would seem from the forums that teletexte is being ditched by France TV with the termination of analogue; although I still get teletexte on analogue from AB3.

It will apparently be replaced by hbbTV, not only by french television. I'll check on this further and frankly surprised that one of satellite experts hasn't given some guidance. Below a SATMAG bit on the topic.

http://www.satmag.fr/affichage_module.php?no_theme=1&no_news=12663&id_mod=50

The interactive TVs will be appearing in 2011.

Teletexte was never very popular in france by the way; I presume that the Page 888 teletexte will also become redundant and instead of sub-titles their will be VO voice over a bit like you can get already on YouTube.

[quote user="Pog"]Thanks pachapapa. Yes, it's all in the manual, but when I follow the instructions, and yours, I receive the message " no text transmission available " This happens with all the French channels. When I look at the info for any channel, I see a row of horizontal icons, most encircled in yellow. The one at second left, which I think denotes text, is in grey, which I assume means not being received. So the puzzle continues. Pog[/quote]

Pog, Does your Strong digibox show the correct time on the screen? reason why I ask, we took our old Sony freeview tele over to France, every thing works ok except the time is stuck on UK time and the teletext doesn't work. Not sure if the two are linked, but our neighbours who have an LG tv can get teletext.

Maybe because the system was set up in the UK that's the problem.

steve

I don't know the answer and I'm only able to watch French TV via satellite as I'm in Devon for a while.

However,   I think ppp is absolutely correct.    After all the old basic teletext has been ditched on British digital TV,  replaced by that "ruddy red button" which for most purposes is slow and klutzy.   (It's actually quite annoying because the old teletext was run in parallel with the red button on the BBC for years on satellite,  but was withdrawn presumably to force people into the new brave world).

However,   you should be able to get the subtitles to run -  I can confirm that TF1 was running them during Shrek last night and that they could be viewed via HDMi,   using the sat box sub title function.

Ah well, I don't suppose I'm missing much. Everything bar TXT works, so we'll let the broadcasters sort themselves out, and take it from there. Thankfully, I can still get the English Australian cricket scores, to keep me happy !! Thank you all for your advica and assistance. Pog