Increase of WiFi range

I have recently installed ADSL with WiFi (Neufbox Evolution) My cottage has thick stone walls and I wish to ensure that my WiFi signal can also be picked up by visitors to my gite, only 5/6 metres from my house, but also with stone walls. (Both buildings share the same electricity system.) Is there any device on the market that I can just plug into an electrical socket either in my house or in the gite which will enable the range of the WiFi signal to be extended to the other building? (Violet)

A pair of CPL devices would be adequate using the existing electrical connections; a LAN connection plug adjacent to the OrangeBox and either a LAN connection plug or a WLAN plug in the gite. You state you have the same electrical system; presumably on the same meter.

Do wish you would read peoples posts properly ppp, she does not have an OrangeBox.

Anyway that aside the information given is correct IF they are definitely on the same electricity supply. You can buy them from places like Darty and I have seen them in the very big supermarkets.

I would also add that there are proper repeaters that just require a power supply which enables you to increase the distance. You might consider one of these mounted to the exterior of the building in a suitable position so as to give coverage in the Gite and to a fair part of the garden.

I  would  run a  cable (rj45 cable)  from the  neuf  box  to  the  gite and  connect a  expansion  box,( with  like  5 ports)   which  will allow  more  rj45  ports...  to allow renters  to use  in  the  gite

[quote user="Suze"]http://www.2isr.fr/brochures/2ISR%20-%20Brochure_Clic_et_Surf.pdf This is a system we are about to install in our camping municipal. Hadopi protected.[/quote]

http://www.2isr.fr/brochures/2ISR%20-%20Brochure_Clic_et_Surf.pdf

Link edit to render functional.

By the way such things as..."Interdir les téléchargements illégaux".... need a little orthographical tweak...looks like it was redacted by a french ado.[:)]

[quote user="stella"]I  would  run a  cable (rj45 cable)  from the  neuf  box  to  the  gite and  connect a  expansion  box,( with  like  5 ports)   which  will allow  more  rj45  ports...  to allow renters  to use  in  the  gite
[/quote]

Running a cable is often the most difficult solution due to distance, driveways, thick walls etc etc. I like the CPL solution .... if only it worked on my rogue mains socket. Seriously though, it is a neat solution.