Best ADSL (and mobile?) provider?

Hello,

We are moving to Corsica in August, and I am doing some research now to figure out what is the best solutions for our "telecommunications" and "internet connectivity" needs.

Perhaps you can help me... I need information and opinions from people who know the details of the service providers in France.

We will be moving into a new "villa" house that has just been built... (well.. it's still under construction, but hopefully completed by August)... so there is no existing telephone number.

We need two mobile phones, and one ADSL internet connection for the house.

We already have our own unlocked mobile phones (iphone and android), and I am hoping to use my existing ADSL router. (So we don't need any technical equipment.)

Any suggestions?

I am thinking something like the following:

- Signup for the lowest cost high-speed internet possible. I see there is a 10Euro option from Alice.. but will not work for us since Corsica is "non-degroupe" (I think?). The problem here is that there is no existing phone number for the house.. so I'm not sure if we MUST use Orange.fr, since they are France telecom and can open a new line?

- For the mobile phones... I am thinking that it is best to get a contract with a high amount of data allowance. Maybe even a "data only" plan that is for an iPad or something? Then we can simply use VOIP on the data plan to make and receive calls. (We already have a voip provider, which gives us a "local" french phone number as well as a "local" north american number.) But what provider offers unlimited data plans? They all seem to have a maximum of 200mb or 500mb or 2gb. I could not find anything higher for a reasonable price.

I don't care about the number of "voice minutes" since we will hopefully use just VOIP data on the mobile and no regular voice at all.

It is no problem to sign into a 2 year contract. (We will be in Corsica for about 5 years.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

If you want ADSL at all then you must have a phone line installed. Contact FT and ask for a new line. The standard cost is 55 euros for the installation/new contract assuming the house is close to an existing line/network.

Once the line is functioning you can choose ADSL from any supplier you want. The possibility of ADSL dégroupé from any supplier (or even availability of ADSL at all) will depend on the actual line/area.

Danny