How to find what city or region a certain phone number is associated with?

Hello,

I am trying to find out what "region" or city or area a specific phone number is associated with.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Here is the number:

(33)42088xxxx

(I removed the last four digits for privacy.)

Thanks!

If you go to the France Telecom "Pages Blanches", also get-at-able from the "Pages Jaunes" bit, there is a "Who does this number belong to?" option, which will tell you the name and address of the subscriber in most cases (not if they have blocked it for privacy or if it is an extension in a large organisation.)

Worth a try.

Chrissie (81)

Maybe I'm missing something but, it just gives me a message saying to call a phone number which charges money to find out the answer...

----------------

Pour identifier le propriétaire

Appelez le 08 99 78 00 46 *

Vous pourrez ainsi écouter en toute discrétion le message d'accueil de votre correspondant.

* 1€35 par appel + 0€34/min – Sous réserve que le correspondant ait personnalisé

sa messagerie vocale et sous réserve de compatibilité technique.

------------------------

As was suggested go to the pagesjaunes. It doesn't cost you on pagesjaunes.fr  and then  click on the top line where it is marked 'a qui est ce numero'.

I just tried it for friends in France and it came up. However, if these people are ex directory you'll find nothing.

Also, sometimes I just put the number in google.fr and then a company name will come up in the search.

edit the indicatif tells me it is what I would call the SE region. It would be 04 and that is the region I used to live in.