Returning rented Livebox

I have replaced the rented Livebox with a new Netgear modem/router.  Is it still possible to take the rented Livebox back to a French Telecom shop (Niort/Poitiers) and end the rental agreement.  I still wish to continue with the Broadband contract.   Many thanks

I think you could take it to a Telecom shop.

When I wanted to cancel my Livebox rental, I did it using my online Orange account,  they then sent me a carriage free pre printed label, with instructions to take the package to a local shop collection point.

Remember to send back all the original contents of the Livebox, cables, filters etc.

Thanks to you both.  Went into Orange (Niort) with Livebox, leads etc and original paperwork.  The assistant took our name, telephone and contract numbers and scanned the code on the box.  She assured us that the rental was terminated and bid us farewell.   We were in and out the shop in five minutes.

[quote user="Inca"]Thanks to you both.  Went into Orange (Niort) with Livebox, leads etc and original paperwork.  The assistant took our name, telephone and contract numbers and scanned the code on the box.  She assured us that the rental was terminated and bid us farewell.   We were in and out the shop in five minutes.
[/quote]

I dont want to rain on your parade    But  I did exactly what you have done ..only to find that at end of the contract period the Orange computer decided that my contract needed starting up again for another year . Then the nighmare began !!!!!

[quote user="Inca"]Thanks to you both.  Went into Orange (Niort) with Livebox, leads etc and original paperwork.  The assistant took our name, telephone and contract numbers and scanned the code on the box.  She assured us that the rental was terminated and bid us farewell.   We were in and out the shop in five minutes.

[/quote]

Finally, after the third copy of the "receipt" letter had been sent to Orange, did they stop threatening to bill us for €100. Best of luck.

As an aside, we untangled ourselves very succesfully from the French "system" when we left last year. Orange were the only organisation to give us any grief and that was very short lived.

[quote user="Jonzjob"]Free? VOIP?? We are paying 7€/month for ours. Have things changed yet again pray tell?  That's plus 3€/month for the Livebox.

[/quote]

Yes, things have moved on. The packages with 7 euros extra are way out of date now. The cheapest all in package (without FT line charge) is now 33.90 ( +3 more for the livebox rental)

http://abonnez-vous.orange.fr/residentiel/forfaits/livebox-zen.aspx?idnode=110414003

3 more euros on top if you want unlimited calls to French mobiles too.

Danny

Interesting listing, I see tasmania is a country and also apparently the island of  Aland in the Baltic, given up trying to get an ° on top of the A.

(2) Hors nos spéciaux. Dans la limite de 500 correspondants différents par mois.
Liste des destinations illimitées vers les fixes :
Europe : Açores, Allemagne, Andorre, Angleterre (*), Autriche, Baléares, Belgique, Bulgarie, Canaries, Chypre, Crète, Croatie, Danemark, Ecosse (*), Espagne, Estonie, Finlande, France métropolitaine, Gibraltar, Grèce, Guernesey, Hongrie, île d’Aland, Irlande, Irlande du Nord (*), Islande, Italie, Jersey, Lettonie, Liechtenstein, Lituanie, Luxembourg, Macédoine, Madère, Malte, Monaco, Norvège, Pays-Bas, Pays de Galles(*), Pologne, Portugal, République tchèque, Roumanie, Saint-Marin, Sardaigne, Sicile, Slovaquie, Slovénie, Suède, Suisse, Turquie, Vatican.
DOM/TOM : Guadeloupe, Saint-Barthélémy, Saint-Martin, Guyane, Martinique, Mayotte, Réunion et Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon.
Amérique : Alaska, Argentine, Bahamas, Bermudes, Brésil, Canada, Chili, Colombie, Etats-Unis, Hawaï, île de Pâques, Iles vierges américaines, Mexique, Panama, Pérou, Porto Rico, République dominicaine, Venezuela. Appelez aussi en illimité les mobiles du Canada et des Etats-Unis.
Asie : Bahreïn, Bangladesh, Chine, Corée du Sud, Hong Kong, Inde, Japon, Macao, Malaisie, Singapour, Taïwan, Thaïlande. Reste du monde : Afrique du Sud, Australie, Brunei, Ile Christmas, Guam, Israël, Jordanie, Maroc (**), Nouvelle-Zélande, Russie, Saipan, Tasmanie

[quote user="pachapapa"]

Interesting listing, I see tasmania is a country and also apparently the island of  Aland in the Baltic, given up trying to get an ° on top of the A.

(2) Hors nos spéciaux. Dans la limite de 500 correspondants différents par mois.

Liste des destinations illimitées vers les fixes :

Europe : Açores, Allemagne, Andorre, Angleterre (*), Autriche, Baléares, Belgique, Bulgarie, Canaries, Chypre, Crète, Croatie, Danemark, Ecosse (*), Espagne, Estonie, Finlande, France métropolitaine, Gibraltar, Grèce, Guernesey, Hongrie, île d’Aland, Irlande, Irlande du Nord (*), Islande, Italie, Jersey, Lettonie, Liechtenstein, Lituanie, Luxembourg, Macédoine, Madère, Malte, Monaco, Norvège, Pays-Bas, Pays de Galles(*), Pologne, Portugal, République tchèque, Roumanie, Saint-Marin, Sardaigne, Sicile, Slovaquie, Slovénie, Suède, Suisse, Turquie, Vatican.

DOM/TOM : Guadeloupe, Saint-Barthélémy, Saint-Martin, Guyane, Martinique, Mayotte, Réunion et Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon.

Amérique : Alaska, Argentine, Bahamas, Bermudes, Brésil, Canada, Chili, Colombie, Etats-Unis, Hawaï, île de Pâques, Iles vierges américaines, Mexique, Panama, Pérou, Porto Rico, République dominicaine, Venezuela. Appelez aussi en illimité les mobiles du Canada et des Etats-Unis.

Asie : Bahreïn, Bangladesh, Chine, Corée du Sud, Hong Kong, Inde, Japon, Macao, Malaisie, Singapour, Taïwan, Thaïlande. Reste du monde : Afrique du Sud, Australie, Brunei, Ile Christmas, Guam, Israël, Jordanie, Maroc (**), Nouvelle-Zélande, Russie, Saipan, Tasmanie

[/quote]

Bit weird (to me), but I get a different list, and to be fair to Orange, they call them destinations, not countries ....

[quote]Vous profitez d’appels illimités vers les fixes de France métropolitaine et de plus de 100 destinations dont les DOM.[/quote]

[quote]

Les destinations fixes des pays de l’Union Européenne : Allemagne, Autriche, Belgique, Bulgarie, Chypre, Crête, Danemark, Estonie, Espagne, Baléares, Canaries, Finlande, Grèce, Hongrie, Irlande, Italie, Ile D’Aland, Sicile, Sardaigne, Lettonie, Lituanie, Luxembourg, Madère, Malte, Pays-Bas, Pologne, Portugal ,Açores Madère, République Tchèque, Roumanie, Ecosse, Irlande du Nord, Pays de Galles, Slovaquie, Slovénie, Suède, Angleterre. Sont exclus des appels en illimité les numéros Premium UK commençant par 44870 et 44871

Les destinations fixes des autres pays d’Europe : Andorre, Croatie, Guernesey, Gibraltar, Islande, Jersey, Liechtenstein, Macédoine, Monaco, Norvège, San Marin, Suisse, Turquie, Vatican.

Les fixes et mobiles d’Amérique du Nord : Canada, Etats-Unis, Alaska, Hawaï

Les destinations fixes des pays d’Amérique Centrale et du Sud suivants : Argentine, Bahamas, Bermudes, Brésil, Chili, Ile de Pâques, Colombie, Iles Vierges Américaines, Mexique, Panama, Pérou, Porto Rico, République Dominicaine, Venezuela.

Les destinations fixes de Russie et des pays d’Asie, du Proche et Moyen Orient, Océanie suivants : Australie, Bahrein, Bangladesh, Bruneï, Christmas Island, Chine, Corée du sud, Guam, Hong Kong, Inde, Israël, Japon, Jordanie, Macao, Malaisie, Nouvelle Zélande, Russie, Saipan, Singapour, Taïwan, Tasmanie, Thaïlande.

Les destinations fixes des DOM :
Guadeloupe, Saint Barthélémy, Saint Martin, Guyane, Martinique, Réunion et des TOM : Saint Pierre et Miquelon et Mayotte

Les destinations fixes des pays d’Afrique et du Maghreb suivant : Afrique du Sud , Maroc Sont exclus des appels en illimité du Maroc les numéros à mobilité restreinte commençant par 212526, 212527, 212533, 212534, 212546 qui bénéficient de la tarification vers mobile[/quote]

[quote user="pachapapa"]

...also apparently the island of  Aland in the Baltic, given up trying to get an ° on top of the A.

[/quote]

Å = Alt0197, or via the character map in Windows (under 'system tools' for some reason, or you can use one of the Scandinavian Lexibars (Danish in this case, though the character is also available in the Norwegian and Swedish versions).

[quote user="Will"][quote user="pachapapa"]

...also apparently the island of  Aland in the Baltic, given up trying to get an ° on top of the A.

[/quote]

Å = Alt0197, or via the character map in Windows (under 'system tools' for some reason, or you can use one of the Scandinavian Lexibars (Danish in this case, though the character is also available in the Norwegian and Swedish versions).
[/quote]

In fact in the post I mentioned trying and giving up.

But no doubt with a knowledge of fonts you will be able to inform me the exact way to get an Å in my posts whilst using a netbook without a number pad. Contrary to your indications the pressing of Alt+Maj+ "a number" does not result for me on my netbook in an Å.

Whilst travelling across the Baltic from sweden to finland and stopping in Maarianhamina on the island of Åland the crew of the ship have assured me that I was in finland; so just slightly puzzled as to the use of a danish lexibar.

Perhaps although being finnish territory a swedish lexibar might be more appropriate seeing as swedish is the official language.[:)]

[quote user="Rabbie"]Pedants Corner. Finland has two official languages - Finish and Swedish. However, Åland is Swedish speaking.[/quote]

Indeed over 90% maternally speaking but pedantically referring to the other language, at the finish some do speak fiNNish.[:P]

[quote user="pachapapa"][quote user="Will"][quote user="pachapapa"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But no doubt with a knowledge of fonts you will be able to inform me the exact way to get an Å in my posts whilst using a netbook without a number pad. Contrary to your indications the pressing of Alt+Maj+ "a number" does not result for me on my netbook in an Å.

Whilst travelling across the Baltic from sweden to finland and stopping in Maarianhamina on the island of Åland the crew of the ship have assured me that I was in finland; so just slightly puzzled as to the use of a danish lexibar.

Perhaps although being finnish territory a swedish lexibar might be more appropriate seeing as swedish is the official language.[:)]

[/quote]

PPP, you must press the Number lock ( looks like a padlock) on your keyboard to enable Windows Alt codes.

[quote user="audio"][quote user="pachapapa"][quote user="Will"][quote user="pachapapa"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PPP, you must press the Number lock ( looks like a padlock) on your keyboard to enable Windows Alt codes.

[/quote]

The number lock doesn't work on the netbook, presumably on the tower it would, best I can do on the netbook is to copy either externally or from character table. There seem to be As with everything above except the required symbol but it must be somewhere hidden.

For example an inverse question mark used in spanish to introduce a question, similar procedure for an exclamation mark.

¿

¿

¿

But I can't get a line of them, each time I paste the copied character I get a double vertical space with the cursor.[:)]

This may help

http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/accents/codealt.html

If on word you select insert/symbol and after choosing the required symbol, keep clicking insert and you should get a line of them ʕʕʕ. (cannot find the exact same symbol on mine) If you have double spacing, click show/hide

(Ctrl +*) this should show what’s causing this unwanted spacing.

Back to my post for a moment. Thanks Benjamin, I did get  a receipt and thanks to you and Frederick for warning me of possible problems ahead.

AnOther,  for your interest, an FT engineer issued replacement paperwork for our old  Livebox which was playing up so it had to go back.  The router was a gift and as we are only secondairs we decided to make use of the gift. 

Pachapapa,  Skype is adequate for our needs.

Thank you all.