google-double-click

hi ok

Can any tell me how I can stop this ..it`s a pain in the back side ...and it`s worse on this site ..tried the net but no luck .

if I can not cure it it will be the end of this forum for me ..

Dave    

Hi ok

What is happening is when I click the back button to go to the previous page nothing happens ...if I right click to get the drop down box it lists the last 3 pages as something like https:// googleleads.g.doubleclick.net/page.....etc etc..so I have to select the last page I want to go too or  " double click  "  to get back to the previous page ...it only happens on this site

Dave

ps have downloaded the cookies to cure it and .....it still happens

Interesting.

I have no problems but having done a little experimenting I can see the google-double-click prefixes in the history but have no real idea where they are coming from unless it is from one of the ads on the site. It does appear to be an Interent Explorer problem though as I see no such evidence in Firefox or Maxthon, another browser I use quite a lot.

EDIT: Something you could try is opting out here http://www.google.com/privacy/ads then on the next in section 4 go to the Network

Advertising Initiative opt-out page select all and submit.

[quote user="Chancer"]I have been struggling for years to understand the "Hi OK" that precede all the postings (I have enquired politely) another language methinks.[/quote]

'I mean'?

It goes along with the above 'I mean' and 'yes' as in something along the lines of "what do you think of the question?"  Answer "yes, I mean, etc."

I think I'm loosing the plot here? Nurse! Where'z me pills[:-))][8-)]