Changing security key on live box?

Is it possible to change the security key for my live box and if so how ?

I was put in a position of giving it to my neighbour for using in their holiday home . I know I should learn to say no !!!

They are lovely and have known them for years but I suspect they are using it each holiday now which I suppose is ok but feel a bit miffed they do not ask again !! So would like to change the key to stop it.

Any help appreciated. Also can you turn off the wifi for the time they are here ? That could be another solution all be it a more inconvenient one !! Can I tell if they are on line ?

Sorry lots of questions !!

Type in the url 192.168.1.1, this will take you into your livebox software and you can change the settings from there. You can also see who is connected to your livebox.

I think the Admin password, if you need it, is normally admin unless you have changed it.

If you mean the Wifi security then you can 'blacklister' a computer.

Connect to your livebox via your browser (type livebox in the address box at the top.

Put your password (normally 'admin') in and select the Configuration tab. It should show you all the computers that are, or can be, connected to the livebox.

Click on your neighbour's machine. 

In the Wifi section of the page that opens click on the 'Blacklister' tick box.

That should shut them out.

Thanks folks but I am a bit if a dimwit with computers ! If I type in livebox I just get a list if different sites about livebox everywhere ! Also where to I type the number provided please.

Sorry to be dim but I have no understanding of how this works just how to use it !!

Please pretend I am stupid and explain like that ,. I do not mind !!! Cos I am !!!

Ok am so proud of myself and found the page you mean !! I can see the neighbours computer but am a bit concerned that there are :--

New host x 2 with no IP address

A New host with an IP address

Equipment inconnu

Equpment 123 and another 3 with a differnet address

Is this all ok ?

Many thanks for all you help folks !

It's probably OK, tend to find that every machine that has ever used the livebox stays recorded until you delete it.

If you delve around you will find the place to change the key. Once you've done that, no more worries - once they log off, they won't get back in. If you think they're logged on right now, reboot the livebox and that will kick everyone off.

Thanks folks for all your help :-)

Am I correct that if I suprimmer their 2 computers then they cannot log in without the key ? Because if that is the case then I can do that as they did not take a note of the key. They just logged in in the house and gave me the number back. I had to press a button and they had a certain time to log in so guess they cannot do that anymore without getting back to me ?

If you do forget the key, you can normally retrieve it from a computer that has it stored, by using the 'show password' facility - this will show the characters instead of the ***** that appears by default.

Changing the admin password - to something you will remember, bearing in mind you might not need it again for years - is also very wise move.

Edit - Sorry I was responding to Pierre's post. Probably you are right about if you supprimer their computers but I don't know, never tried it. I'd still say it's safest to change the key.

Another way would be to go into the WiFi settings then change the livebox name (SSID) and then untick 'broadcast SSID. After that they won't even see it any more and if the can't see it then they obviously will not be able to connect to it. No need to change any passwords etc.

OK there are ways to get around that but they are in the realms of geekdom and I'm guessing that they are not that way inclined. If they ask you where it has gone you can use the excuse that you have a new router without WiFi.

[quote user="Repulse"]Ok folks last question I promise !!! If I change the security key will I need to do anything to my own computers and I phone to reconnect ? Promise this is the last !! Thanks everyone :-)[/quote]

Yup. You'll need to set them up for your new settings. This is why I suggest that you disable the neighbour's access instead -- it doesn't affect your own kit.

ok would prefer to do that ! less hassle for me the dimwit! Might find myself without access too !!

Only option I can find is to suprimmer. Is that enough please. or is there another option 'blacklist' as you said ?

Sorry not the last question afte rall !!

Ok also can I delete all these hosts and equipment except the ones for ours. Am going away and disconnect from the wall anyway when away.

Can't click on any of these and get any info to backlist. Only an icon which tells me if active or not and will allow me to delete.

Really so sorry to be dim but need to do this with least hassle as don,t quite understand how to reset up my system. So delete and nothing changes for me is the best option !!!

Thanks thanks :-)

[quote user="Repulse"]Can't click on any of these and get any info to backlist. Only an icon which tells me if active or not and will allow me to delete. [/quote]

I'm away from the Orange system now. It might depend on which version of Livebox you have -- is it the latest one? I can't see any problem with deleting the neighbour's machine. I just prefer something less drastic in case of error.

[quote user="Lambkin"]Albert - just out of interest, if Repulse 'hides' the livebox, how would (s)he connect if (s)he wanted to connect with a new laptop or iphone?[/quote]Basically you use the manual WiFi connection set up and type in the new livebox name. The procedure varies in different versions of Windows but it's not difficult.