SKY+ No card

I have just replaced an old SKY box with a 'newer' SKY+ box. In effect there is no change as the SKY+ facilities cant be used without a viewing card. OK I have the better menu structure with a better info button but thats it. Anyone know a way round the need for a viewing card or how to get one? Will any old one do the trick or am I over simplifying it?

Any Sky card that is up to date will get you the free to view channels.  The only cards "married" to the box are for the Premium channels, i.e Sky Sports and Sky Movies.

You can obtain a Freesat From Sky card for £20 from Sky.  A friend or relative in the UK can get one for you by going to the Sky web site and posting on to you in France. 

[quote user="Robbie34"]

Any Sky card that is up to date will get you the free to view channels.  The only cards "married" to the box are for the Premium channels, i.e Sky Sports and Sky Movies.

You can obtain a Freesat From Sky card for £20 from Sky.  A friend or relative in the UK can get one for you by going to the Sky web site and posting on to you in France. 

[/quote]

So you can but the Sky + features will not work which was the original question.