I am after some advice and to ask if people think the following are any good.

I have a computer scan programme called "windows clear"made by Weskysoft inc and it supposedly scans my computer to check for errors or any damaged systems and then fixes it,every time i use it now it says that i have over 100 registry errors.It is supposed to repair them but i get the same every time i scan,is this sort of thing a waste of time and is there a better way of checking and fixing any problems.

Thanks,

John 

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]

There are many of these things around, especially for 'fixing' registery entries.

When I last talked about them with my Computer Science Geek son he reckoned they were a waste of time.

For checking up/ fixing your computer there are better things like Commodo and Doctor Alex

[/quote]

Seeing your post the other day I decided to download and install Commodo. Whilst it found some errors which it corrected/deleted the impact on my desktop was quite dramatic. Firstly it distorted the display from my media extender which caused me to reboot my computer. The problem was that it took ages to close down and ages to come back up again, like nearly 15 minutes in total, normally this would take two to three minutes. Thinking there was something wrong I did another scan, checked things out and did another restart, same result.  also noticed programs that took a few seconds to load were taking over a minute although once loaded they did work OK. I then removed Commodo and everything returned as it was before i.e. restarts taking three minutes in total and programs starting a lot quicker. So no doubt it is good at finding problems but leaving it on your PC can cause slow reboots and programs running slow. Reading their website I believe this is because it makes a copy of your registry (after cleaning it) and constantly refers back for any changes. I am afraid I won't be reinstalling it.

[quote user="johnycarper"]

I am after some advice and to ask if people think the following are any good.

I have a computer scan programme called "windows clear"made by Weskysoft inc and it supposedly scans my computer to check for errors or any damaged systems and then fixes it,every time i use it now it says that i have over 100 registry errors.It is supposed to repair them but i get the same every time i scan,is this sort of thing a waste of time and is there a better way of checking and fixing any problems.

Thanks,

John 

[/quote]

It is a waste of money!

try ,

Advance Windows Care ,

which  is free and effective