cannot login to L F forum

Adriana

I have had a problem with the page also. The whole look of the screen has changed. However I am still actually able to login by clicking on the option at the very bottom of the page that says 'MEMBERS'
You might like to try the same for now..

Since my earlier response, there is certainly now a further log in problem. The way I have found round it, is to log in with your username and password but do not tick the box remember my log in name. Hopefully, this will be sorted out quickly once LF realise there is a problem.

Baz

Also having to log in and not able to save my password - very annoying. Dont think much of the new LF page either but never spend much time there anyway. WHY on earth have they mucked about with the things that no one had complained about but totally ignored the suggestions/ request that have appeared numerous times for changes - eg splitting the Western Forum, being able to view postings in a differemnt order on a thread etc.
Oh - and a happy new year!

I have been able to login (obviously!) but have received a message from 'DaveandAileen' that they can't get in at all. Aileen says she can't even get a reply from Eleanor via e-mail, and this has been going on for some weeks! Hope you are alright Eleanor?
I also think the new front page a bit of a disaster - print too small and generally 'messy' looking - sorry!

Mary

I have been having problems too but haven't bothered to add my name to the chorus because I thought 'someone will sort this out pdq'. But here we are on Monday morning and still the same mess.

My problem is that La Mairie does not recognise me anymore and I have to identify myself each time. I can't tell you how rejected this makes me feel - sob . Also posts are not marked yellow when there are new ones.

Regarding the magazine, I understand from the info in the printed mag that the site is being re-vamped and we are either seeing work in progress or it has all gone horribly wrong.

I am using Windows 95 and Internet Explorer 5.

I phoned them today as I am fed up with these login issues. Spoke to a chap who said he would put a posting up about what is happening (where is it).

Unfortunatly, so he tells me, they use their own in-house server for the forum and the administrator is currently on holiday so we will probably have to put up with it for a little while longer.

Chris

Managed to login ok but now find everything is taking much longer to appear on screen -- is it just me and my computer?
Front page looks as though it has been set up by some bright eyed and bushy tailed teenager whose eyesight is a lot better than mine.
Why on earth was it changed?

Happy New Year to all our readers!!

LAST EDITED ON 10-Jan-03 AT 01:46 PM (GMT)

I think these problems are definately PC-specific only. I have been logging in today at work on my PC running Windows (shame on me). I have been attempting to log into the forum (5 times!) and kept getting messages that my login was wrong (it wasn't) -- at last I have made it so am able to post.

Ive got a permanent red flag telling me that I have new messages when I dont -- the last message I got was about a month ago and it was read - twice! I cant get rid of it....

I keep trying to note that all posts are read -- no such luck.

None of these things happen from the Mac at home...I am going to give our Linux machine at home a test run tonight to see how it fares...Windows is absolute rubbish!

Lisa