Steve Jobs has died

Did he actually invent anything? As far as I am aware he was brilliant at marketing other peoples inventions (Kane Kramer anyone?). A brilliant man ....maybe? A tyrant...possibly? Someone who fires someone for bringing them the wrong mineral water...definately. 

Forgive me, and I know i'll get the cyber bullies for this, but I wish he had used his talent for something other than making people "want want want" the next (do you really need need need) iGadget. (Apart from trainers and fags what was the most looted items in the last London riots?). Just think how much he really could have changed the world if he had put his mind to it.

However, no-one deserves to die like that, that really isn't fair

http://newsthump.com/2011/10/07/tributes-continue-to-pour-in-for-dead-iphone-factory-worker/

Glad you mentioned Kane Kramer THE inventor of the iPod years before apple. Big time company steals the whole thing from a Guy who doesn't have a whole legal department and the funds to take them to court. As Steve said when other companies brought out tablet computers are we living in a world of copycats, yes I guess you were.

I supppose I is aving to pray to god now innit for me new trainers and iphone.

I consider myself very priveledged to not even be able to identify an iphone  the or any of must have gadgets, the people I associate with thankfully are not driven to have the latest whatever and when they finally do get something passed down to them from their kids they   understand me well enough to know that there is no point regaling the features to me.

I have never to my knowledge even touched an iphone, I did handle an ipod back in 2004 just to see what everyone was going on about, I was impressed by the way they had deliberately ballasted the thing to make it feel like a quality item and not just another piece of microcircuitry and plastic tat and I did like the rotary user interface but I had no interest in plugging in the earpiece and shutting myself away from the real world.

Done loads of them Russethouse, you dont have to watch the films and you cant hear them unless you wear the headphones.

Mind you I havnt always been this way, when I was younger I travelled in South East Asia with a walkman for company listening to pirated K7's like "The Pet Chop Boys" [:-))] (I kept that one as a souvenir) but all you are actually doing is shutting yourself off from the real world and isolating yourself from some real human company.

Even on the longest of bus/coach/train/boat trips I would no longer dream of using a walkman/ipod whatever, having paid all the money be there why cut off one of my primary senses? to me it is just idiotic, even listening to other conversations in languages that you dont understand you begin to appreciate the beauty of them, the enunciation, the passion etc.

I recently ran a semi marathon here in France and was totally shocked to see that 90% of people were listening to music through their ears, even those who ran every weekend and travelled together as a group, it was a very solitary experience as ther was just no_one to talk to even briefly.

A few women run with me from time to time, they say that when they practice on their own they are very worried because of the reports of enlevements and assaults on female joggers in France yet when they run on their own they plug in their earphones which to me is totally crazy, i doubt that they are likely to be attacked but I see them frequently spooked by cars that they have not heard and even stepping out in front of them.

[quote user="Russethouse"]

There speaks a man who has never done a transatlantic trip with rubbish films....

Even reading palls after a bit..... but I had Micheal Caines book on my ipod and it was very nice and soporific....

[/quote]

O brave new world!

[quote user="Théière"]Glad you mentioned Kane Kramer THE inventor of the iPod years before apple. Big time company steals the whole thing from a Guy who doesn't have a whole legal department and the funds to take them to court. As Steve said when other companies brought out tablet computers are we living in a world of copycats, yes I guess you were.[/quote]

Doesn't he work for Apple in some capacity?

[quote user="nomoss"][quote user="Russethouse"]

There speaks a man who has never done a transatlantic trip with rubbish films....

Even reading palls after a bit..... but I had Micheal Caines book on my ipod and it was very nice and soporific....

[/quote]

O brave new world!

[/quote]

For a luddite like me even getting the thing to work is a brave new word [:D]