Perigord Programs

I know from the many pages of postings that many of you have been watching the UK program about the Brits in the Dordogne, Little Britain IIRC but what of the other French programs that have been screened recently?

A week ago there was the film "I love Perigord" which despite my posting I think only Pachapapa and myself watched, a shame really especially as a lot of the dialogue was in English and it was a good amusing film.

Tonight on France5 the emission "Echappées Belles" has a very long report on the Perigord region, its landscape, agriculture, buildings and gastronomy, I only caught the end of it but from the trailer it looked well worth watching and I was dissapointed to have missed most of it.

For those that are interested you will be able to retrieve the program on Pluzz.fr.

[quote user="Chancer"]

For those that are interested you will be able to retrieve the program on Pluzz.fr.

[/quote]

Or next Sunday afternoon.

I watched the 'I Love Perigord'  film, Chancer but thought it was rather 'fluffy', saved only by the participation of Bernard le Coq - an actor I enjoy watching.

I recorded it on external hard disk connected to the TV but willn wait for a couple of weeks before watching it again.

It wasn't very serious but after the frog outfits at the world cup there were some very photogenic snails in the initial credits.

Oh My God there could be a transmutation of frogs into snails in the offing.

Chance, I don't know why you think that only you and Pacha watched "I love Périgord" because OH and I watched it and we enjoyed it. 

In fact, we discussed it a little here on the Forum.

Likewise, we watched Belles Echappées and I tried to ring my French friend from over the field to watch but I couldn't get an answer.  She, too, would have enjoyed it.  Mind you, I hated the thought of the camping place and I think I'd rather stay in one of those grotty Spanish refuges on the Camino than a campsite like the one featured.

Lots of us are interested and do watch.  You don't have some sort of exclusive transmission, you know![blink]

Well I was fairly sure that you certainly would be interested which is why I made the initial posting to let people, especially yourself know that "I love perigord" would be shown, if I posted it under "the lighter side" it was a mistake as I am sure that i put it under the French TV and internet section.

In any case the only reply was from PPP but I am very pleased to learn that you did get to see it, nonetheless given the number of postings about some Colonel (who no doubt was playing the role required of him by the producer) on the UK TV program there is no doubt that those of us who watch French TV even if occasionally are in the minority.

Nonetheless I shall continue to post when I know of an interesting program coming up on French TV, my apologies for not having done so earlier for "echappées belles" I saw a trailer and in my mind thought it was "fourchette et sac à dos" given the culinary angle, my program guide did not give details of either of the programs and I also got no luck on the internet so had to wait untill it was on, sadly I missed the first part but will try now on catch up TV to see what you are talking about re the camp site

Well I have just watched what i missed of the programme (most of it) on Freebox review.

What a great programme and what a beautifull area you live in [:D]

Its my favorite genre of programme and something that I think French TV does really well, the animatrices and animateurs come across as really warm hearted people persons, bad English but I hope that you know what i mean, not at all your precious stand offish celebrity luvvies, fourchette et sac à dos is another favorite as is "je vais dormir chez vous" I think it is called, all very similar as they are concerned with people and the human spirit, so different from the staged fly on the wall programmes where they do their utmost to create conflich where none exists.

What did you not like about le camping? Was it the karaoke? I tend to stay in les camping municipales. 

Yes, Chance, the countryside is ravishing....

And, of course, the weather this year has been superb.  Don't know about other years as I didn't live here then.

I don't like le camping because I don't think I much like being with lots of jolly, noisily-happy people and I am not in favour of places where children are all over the joint.

No, it's not because I don't like children....I do like children, I even like ados but I don't want to be within earshot of other people's children when I'm on holiday.

Apart from our terrible time in, well, I've already said where, we haven't been on noisy campsites anywhere. In fact, I often find campsites quieter than hotels. Maybe people are more aware of others just being behind canvas and are quieter, at night at least. I camped alone in Holland, and I reckon that I would have noticed 'noise'. Also we are always out and about during the day, so wouldn't know about it being noisy then.