What's the best Internet + phone deal?

I don't know that it's necessarily the best deal, but Free (http://www.free.fr/adsl/telephone.html)'s offer includes free landline calls to practically the known universe, plus free to mobiles in France...

"...Téléphonez sans compter

Appels vers les fixes de 104 destinations et portables en france métropolitaine inclus..."

p

(Thanks Mod if you fixed that!)

I would have to say SFR myself, €31.90 a month for internet, telephone and French TV. Free phone calls to all French landlines except premium numbers, and free unlimited international calls to a lot of countries including the UK.

Have been with them now for just over 12 months, after switching from FT, and have been very pleased with the service. They even organized cancelling our Orange account as well. We chose SFR because we have a SFR shop about 8 miles away, so if anything does go wrong, initially we can go into the shop to try and get the problem sorted.

There that has put 'the kiss of death' on our SFR connection now with that recommendation!

Link: http://www.sfr.fr/#sfrintid=P_nav_offre

[quote user="Gyn_Paul"]I don't know that it's necessarily the best deal, but Free (http://www.free.fr/adsl/telephone.html)'s offer includes free landline calls to practically the known universe, plus free to mobiles in France...

"...Téléphonez sans compter

Appels vers les fixes de 104 destinations et portables en france métropolitaine inclus..."

p

(Thanks Mod if you fixed that!)

[/quote]

The free.fr offer is with the freebox revolution, which you have to pay an extra 5.99 a month for I think.

I have had free for some years, as has Chancer, but recently upgraded to this new box

I was pleased until I got my first bill.

I have calls to my home number re-routed to my mobile if I am not at home to answer.  I expected them to be free, as it is a call from my phone to a mobile number in France.

However I am on a PAYG phone with Virgin (France) so the calls were charged...Apperently it is only free to mobiles such as Orange or Sfr..

No mogs, we cancelled everything with FT/Orange, and only pay SFR the €31.90 a month.

Not sure of the technical way of describing how the phone works, but basically you still plug your SFR neufbox into your existing phone socket. The only problem being if there is a power cut then you lose the phone connection.

[quote user="mogs"]With SFR do you still have to pay the standing order for FT landline?[/quote]

Mogs, I believe that it's still FT whose line it is.  But SFR's fee is all-inclusive, that is, they "pay" FT on your behalf.  I suppose they must have some sort of deal with FT.

You know, it's much like in the UK.  BT has the monopoly on all the lines/fibre-optics, the gubbins (excuse my lack of technical knowledge) then other companies use BT's facilities to supply you with phone, internet, TV, radio and all the rest of it.

Hello  -  I have SFR and it is a good connection, no free calls to mobiles though. There is a loyalty thing which gives one a few free calls to French mobiles. I do not pay France Telecom, SFR pay that. I pay £36.90 per month and the speed is good for me out in the sticks. I have free calls to the UK and most other countries as well as a good email service. I actually think that Orange, because they have an English speaking help line (if you can get them to answer)  may be marginally better, but when I came down to making a choice, and I made a lot of research, SFR was the best. Their online chat spoke English and I have had no problems since joining up, I had big problems with Orange in the UK. At the end of the day I think if you are in a non degroupee zone then you do not have a lot of choice. Good luck.

Regards Charnizay