Channel 5's no longer available on our Humax freesat box

[quote user="Lachouette"]Thanks one and all. A rescan this afternoon not only fixed that but brought to light another couple of channels!

Jan

[/quote]

Somewhere in the setup is an option to autodetect new channels, which would also detect ones changing frequency. Which would probably explain why we other Humax owners didn't get the problem.

Probably be worth your while to find it and check 'yes' to autodetect.

p

Well there's an update "date" on Lyngsat for 10964 MHz for the 15th Jan.   I do remember some discussion about whether the BBC would go on carrying channel 5 on their transponder but I didn't follow it as I can honestly say that there is nothing on FIVE that interests me at all,   other than to marvel at just how bad the picture quality on its spinoffs can be,   with regular instances of the whole screen being a mass of 1 cm x 1 cm coloured squares on certain material.

I've kept quiet actually  because *I've* lost them on my rubbish Grundig/Harvard freesat box and can't get them back.   Which is merely embarrassing to have to admit to,  rather than inconvenient.

10964 MHz comes stonking in but it doesn't update the EPG settings when I scan.  I must see whether my auto update is on or not,   although it managed to find ch 4 HD a couple of months ago when it moved,  with just a 10 second pause for thought when I first selected it.....

Laters - well I have got channel 5 and channel 5 +1,    but it's the spinoffs that still elude me on my Grundig Harvard.   I suppose I'll have to do a first time install eventually,   but having persuaded it to see France 2/3/5/O off AB3 and TF1 (yes,   TF1 FTA on Eurobird 9) it involves a lot of additional work.   So I'll do without * and USA for the moment.

I know the 5 group have been on 1N for a while , but they did leave one live for a while on 2D in the 10.773 section , this is the one they switched off this week ,completing the move to 1N.

Actually I did get a screen grab while it was live , as Martin said among the BBC channels.

click here