Windows 7 language issues

[quote user="Cat"]

Try right clicking on Vistalizator, then Properties, Compatibility, Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows 7 ?

EDIT, Doh! didn't spot the last page, I am but an echo [:$]

[/quote]

Thanks anyway.  By doing what you suggest, it ran so far, but the service pack 1 was a barrier to the full download.........

Don't panic, everything is fixable and you haven't invalidated your licence just temporarily tripped up Microsoft.

At the very worst you will have to use the recovery partition to restore the machine to as it was when you opened the box but be sure to back up any documents or important files before you do that though.

Try this for starters:

Change back to French, re-validate Windows, run Windows updates, then switch to English and Vistalizator again.

If that doesn't work then uninstall Vistalizator, reboot, run Windows update, then reinstall Vistalizator using the internal installation mode instead of the Express mode.

The best way to avoid these silly problems altogether is to temporarily disable automatic updates then exclude KB971033'.

This is the patch which checks for 'irregularities' [Www]

Personally I have never allowed automatic updates on any machine of mine whatever the OS.