Logging off from Espace Client in France Telecom/Orange

[quote user="Chico"]I've never found out how to log off once I am in my Espace Client.  I would expect to be able to click on Deconnection, but I've never found this.  Any ideas?[/quote]

It might have changed since I last used it, but if you look at the top left, where your name is, there should be a drawing of a silhouette with an orange-coloured cross. Click on it to disconnect.

(image 3 bottom of this page).

[quote user="AnOther"]Has it changed ?

Have you got more than one email A/C ?

[/quote]

AnO, the layout has changed, I think in the last couple of months. I remember the business of having another account and you could click a link to "not be recognised as youname" but that's not showing on my screen now. But on the Espace Client page there's definitely a disconnect option.

About time too then, it was bonkers that you were permanently logged in and that anyone who you let access your connection was also able to read your mail. I wonder which programmer though that one up ?

TBH I have little use for the Orange.fr site or their email but obviously having set up a second A/C for 'er indoors to be able to log out I can no longer see how it works for those who haven't although I do have the "me déconnecter" link.

As An0ther said in post 2, you cannot log out if you only have one (i.e. the principal) email address. If you want to be able to log out, you must create a second amail address.

You will be automatically identified without the need for password. The button Clair refers to is only there if you have another - secondary - email account.

To create a second email address, go to http://www.orange.fr/portail click on your name and then click on the box on the bottom left 'créer un compte utilisateur' and follow the instructions.

Sid, the 'me deconnecter' button does not work if you have only one email address, you just get this message:

Vous ne pouvez pas mettre fin à votre identification car

vous êtes automatiquement reconnu lorsque vous utilisez votre accès

internet Orange.

Allez à la page d’accueil

Danny

Thanks everyone for  your responses.  I'm glad it's not just me who finds the FT/Orange website difficult.

Danny, when you say "create a second email address" do you mean create a second log-on using another email address?  I tried the portail link you gave, but this just opened the basic anonymous portal without my name anywhere (whether or not I was already connected to the site).

However, in poking around on this site (which seems about all you can do) I've come up with either a solution oor a new mystery.  On the portal page, if I click on the orange Identifiez Vous button and then enter my password I get the following box (with my phone number at the top)

If I then click on "se deconnecter" it takes me to

Vous n’êtes plus reconnu. Pour accéder à vos services personnalisés, vous devrez à nouveau vous identifier.

Allez à la page d’accueil

This seems to be an oblique (typical of Orange) way of telling me that I have logged off.  Certainly, I am no longer logged on.

This seems to be the solution I was looking for, but how I got there I'll never know.  When you've run round the block a few times you tend to get a bit giddy.

[quote user="suein56"][quote user="Danny"]sorry Chico, Your post does not show any picture or text from the Orange site ... [/quote]

Yes it does ... no problem seeing the web-pages here.

Sue

[/quote]

it didn't earlier....it also said 'se connecter' instead of 'se déconnecter', so I assume it has been edited[Www]

Chico, can you please tell us whether you are connnected/ing via your own Orange ADSL set up or via another connection?

Danny

EDIT ignore that, what you describe is normal for the Orange site

Sorry for the confusion.  The boxes I included by using the Snipping Tool did appear in the text when I previewed it, but not on the version visible on the site.  I did edit it, but not until I saw the error an hour later.  You did well to spot the change from "se connecter" to "se deconnecter".

The problem now seems to have been resolved - thanks to your help and in spite of Orange's efforts to obscure.