Lebara change T&C

I received a text from Lebara this morning saying they have changed their terms & conditions regarding top-up. Their site now contains the following:

2.4 Sauf mention contraire, le crédit de communication des recharges a

une durée de validité limitée, variable selon le tarif des recharges. A

compter de la date d’activation de la recharge, cette durée de

validité est de 30 jours pour les recharges de 5€, 10€ et 15€, 45 jours

pour les recharges de 20€, et 90 jours pour les recharges de 30€ et

50€.

So it seems they have gone the way of lots of other pay as you go phone offers. Looks like I will be dumping them after using my existing credit!

[quote user="Jay"]I received a text from Lebara this morning saying they have changed their terms & conditions regarding top-up. Their site now contains the following:

2.4 Sauf mention contraire, le crédit de communication des recharges a

une durée de validité limitée, variable selon le tarif des recharges. A

compter de la date d’activation de la recharge, cette durée de

validité est de 30 jours pour les recharges de 5€, 10€ et 15€, 45 jours

pour les recharges de 20€, et 90 jours pour les recharges de 30€ et

50€.

So it seems they have gone the way of lots of other pay as you go phone offers. Looks like I will be dumping them after using my existing credit!

[/quote]

Well what a surprise.  Gone the same way as NRJ.

[quote user="Martin963"].... and Simyo.

Still,  with a bit of luck enough people have been conned,   have dumped,   and have learnt not to fall for it a second time.

[/quote]

Yes Martin that was me with NRJ.  When I heard of Lebara's first offer I did think how long before.......

Makes you think French firms are a joke.

I wonder how we stand on existing balances though. I topped up ages ago in the knowledge that a chargeable event every 80 days was enough to keep my credit. I would still expect that to be so. I won't be renewing though - I think these expiring credits are theft and should be looked at by the EU. [:@]

[quote user="greyman"]I wonder how we stand on existing balances though. I topped up ages ago in the knowledge that a chargeable event every 80 days was enough to keep my credit. I would still expect that to be so. I won't be renewing though - I think these expiring credits are theft and should be looked at by the EU. [:@]

[/quote]

I agree with that! I have sent Lebara an email asking how long we have to use up existing credit, not that I expect a response. The next problem is who to go with now. Free sounds good at 2€/mo but I need to phone out of France now and again.

The usual response in France tends to be "there's no demand for mobile phone credit that doesn't expire" - which you can file along with "there's no demand for fee-free current accounts" and "there's no demand for interest-paying current accounts"

[quote user="Pickles"]The usual response in France tends to be "there's no demand for mobile phone credit that doesn't expire" - which you can file along with "there's no demand for fee-free current accounts" and "there's no demand for interest-paying current accounts"

[/quote]

"there is no demand for [good] customer service"

Thanks for that Coops, I think it looks like it will suit as I want something I can check emails on as well. I don't make many calls out of the country but need that option and I object to the loss of credit, that was my primary reason for changing to Lebara in the first place.