How to watch olympics through the internet FREE

I know you said internet but do your family not have satellite?

It's constantly beyond me why the generally poor quality pics on the internet are preferred by some to high quality satellite delivery - there will be 24 channels provided free to air by the BBC.

Of course as I say you may have a very good reason as to why the internet is the only option.......

[quote user="Mr Ceour de Lion II"]Maybe they don't have a tv or licence there?
[/quote]I don't know if this applies to FBW as I'm not clear as to whether s/he's to be based at a private house, but surely if you are receiving broadcasts via the net then you still have to buy a license don't you?  Just curious.

Thanks for the replies, will check some of these out, its a holiday home no need for a TV, only ever watch dvd's but this year as we are going to be way from the UK we thought it might be good to see if we could view the Olympics while we are in france.

Thats if we can drag the kids home from the lakes in time to watch anything.

Thanks Fourbarewalls for the clarification.

I suppose I'm so old fashioned that my take would be "it's a holiday home so no need for the internet",   (also because I'm a skin-flint and satellite TV (after the initial outlay) costs nothing whereas the internet to my view is outrageously expensive).

How times change........

Hope you get it sorted anyway.

[quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="Mr Ceour de Lion II"]Maybe they don't have a tv or licence there?

[/quote]I don't know if this applies to FBW as I'm not clear as to whether s/he's to be based at a private house, but surely if you are receiving broadcasts via the net then you still have to buy a license don't you?  Just curious.[/quote]

You don't need a license in France if you watch TV on your computer screen.

To avoid the automatic inclusion of the fee with the taxe d'habitation you put a cross in the box of the first page of the Déclaration.

The non-payment of a UK license is at least one of the reasons why iPLayer is normally not available to overseas viewers