• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

great news, now world wide coverage on the €2 social tariff (€0 to Free customers) and pretty good rates considering, very cheap to send SMS's to and from the UK, quite cheap to phone France from the UK and to phone within the UK, yes it will always be cheaper to have an Asda or Tesco sim card but for the French on holiday its great news, in the past they would run up €50 or €100 in call charges within a couple of weeks.

Norman I cant quite work out what they are saying regarding charges "hor forfait" or "au dela de forfait" on the €2 tariff, not the French just what it means, they talk about making seperate payments when the excess is beyond €10, cant quite get to grips with it, they just debit any excess amount, perhaps they block the line if you go over €10 and want you to pay it straight away?

If so its a good idea, limits their exposure and stops poor people (me!) running up debts.

Hello 'Les gens qui savent...',

The 5 euro option for international calls has finally appeared in the Espace abonné 2€ options menu, and normally calls can be made to and from abroad.

However, although Chancer  mentions ' to phone within the UK', ie le roaming or 'itinérance', this is not at all clear !

I've trawled through the Free forums till I'm cross-eyed, but no-one (I think !) confirms that roaming is possible.

All I want to know is, can one 'capter un réseau' abroad now ? Orange ? Vodafone ?

If you know better, I would be delighted to hear from you !

Strewth, all this for two measly weeks in the UK later in the month !

Apparently Prixtel do a forfait of minimum 2 euros for the same as Free mobile, including international !

http://www.prixtel.com/particulier/offre-forfait-mobile

Hope this helps,

@+

Andrew 44