Hiya

Can anyone help me please.

I've just moved and got my Orange Livebox up and running.  Rather than use the Orange messagerie, I use Mozilla Thunderbird and my e-mails come through that.  However, I can receive e-mails, but I can't send.  I have changed my outgoing server to the correct details (smtp.orange.fr) but it keeps asking me for a new password.  I have entered the password given by Orange and it appears to have accepted it, but I still can't send e-mails.

Do I need to change any other settings?

Best wishes.

Jan

xx

Other people have similar problems althopugh in many cases it is a typo error somewhere. You may find the following two threads interesting in our forum. The first one talks about Wanadoo which is the old name for Orange but the Orange settings are mentioned.

http://services.completefrance.com/forums/completefrance/cs/forums/2755879/ShowPost.aspx

The next thread explains how to remove the Orange software from your machine.

http://services.completefrance.com/forums/completefrance/cs/forums/2763939/ShowPost.aspx

I have looked at the link referring to the Wanadoo/Orange settings and these all seem OK.

pop.orange.fr

port: 110

Outgoing smtp.orange.fr

port: 587

so, in theory, I should be able to send mail.

I've looked at the Orange help page, but I click on the link I want and it just takes me back to the original page I started with.

I can still send from my Yahoo or Hotmail accounts, but not Thunderbird which is my "daily" e-mail source. 

Jan

Nectarine - yes I can send from the Orange messagerie, but interestingly, when I go onto the home page it's in my husband's name although the e-mail address is in my name - when the mail came through it said it was from my husband ????  In thunderbird, the outgoing smtp is in my name.

So that proves that I can use the Orange messagerie, but my preference for SPAM prevention is Thunderbird and I have been using this for years in both UK and France with no problems so would prefer to stick with it.

Jan

You may well have two email accounts with Orange, one or you and one for your husband, you are allowed five in total.

You can also set your outgoing port to 25 which is the default for Orange.

On common typo is stmp instead of smtp, that was the problem for the last one I fixed, easily done, did it myself once

Simples - as Alexander the Meerkat would say.  That worked - you are a genius [:D]

The title came up with [SPAM] in front of it though, but as I probably won't be sending myself any more e-mails it doesn't really matter.

Many thanks for your help.

Now just  got to get to grips with the internet phone.  Free outward calls, but can people phone in on it?

I used to do all this stuff when I was at work and understood it, but I'm afraid 9 years in France has turned my brain to mush - that and age.[8-)]

Jan

xxx