Expat Shield & Anchorfree Download Manager 2.10

I've just downloaded Expat Shield but when I clicked to open the download something called Anchorfree Download Manager 2.10 kicked in and I'm worried as it's now been processing and initialising for 23 minutes even though the Expat Shield download was only 266 kb.  What's going on?  Help, please.

Yes, thanks, I saw that.  It's now been running 2 hours 17 mins. I've found an Expat Shield Facebook page where I've posed the question.  Someone on there has complained that it took 20 minutes for the download manager to initialise.  I should be so lucky!  I downloaded Expat Shield once before and the process was short and sweet.  But I'm reassured that the process is as it should be, just taking a lot longer.  According to speedtest,  my connection is slower than 80 per cent of France.  Time for a bit of gardening then.

Merci mille fois, Danny!  At last Expat Shield is downloaded and working.  The anchor thing was still going strong when I came back from shopping, 6 hours +.  I still don't know what that is all about.  All I wanted was what I now have.  Norman, thank you for your advice but I have had Expat Shield before without problems.  I had read that it was best to untick the toolbar box and also only turn on the programme when needed rather than have it going all the time.  This way I didn't have any probs.  Thanks all.