Meteo France Hijacked???

Is it just me? I have two saved links to Meteo France -- national & local forecasts. Today both of them take me to a site that claims to be M-F, but is entirely in English and where all the links on the page return a 'search not found' message.

The address bar shows http: / /token.meteofrance.com/ ?u=%68%74%74%70%3A% followed by loads more %xx sets (I've added extra spaces to stop the address being shown as clickable). I also get a beep when I reverse out of the page -- no obvious pop-ups or even warnings.

I get the same thing if I get to M-F via googling, so it's not just my links. My other favourites work normally, even ones I haven't used for months, so I don't think it's malware on my machine.

Admittedly it took several attempts to get into here this morning, but that never surprises me.

Well, it's not just you - exactly the same for me!  I even tried typing the original address into the browser, but it still goes to the "token.meteofrance.com" site

Most annoying is the fact that the links and search go nowhere so you don't even get any weather forecast anyway.  Maybe the site's just not functioning properly yet, or maybe somebody has 'highjacked' France meteo...

[quote user="Judie"]My saved bookmark for my local Meteo-France weather is fine, so not very helpful, I'm afraid.

[/quote]

My saved bookmark takes me to a "Network Solutions" website - and I think it suggests that the domain - www.meteofrance.com - is available for purchase (or needs renewing). I'm using Firefox - do you have a different browser?

[edit] In my case the address bar just says "http://france.meteofrance.com/france/accueil?xtor=AL-1", which isn't quite what I type in. But I can also get exactly what I thought I wanted - "www.meteofrance.com" in the address bar, but still with the wrong website. Does anyone have the numeric IP address?

We use lachainemeteo.com    You can save a town or village as your home place.  Only problem is that sometimes, not often, the advert video plays on top of the forecast! We use adblock plus (Firefox) but have to unblock this site as otherwise the actual weather videos don't play.

H

I've just had another play...

I was originally using i.e. when it all went wrong.  I've tried with GoogleChrome and absolutely no problem getting to the weather via typing in the address (france.meteofrance.com).  So I copied the address from the address bar. 

Then back to i.e. and deleted my bookmarks for the meteo, pasted the address into the address bar and hey presto - no problem.  Re-saved the bookmark and now it's fine in i.e. and Chrome.  Not tried Firefox yet 

The link by ANO works fine for me too.  Albert, what have you been up to? [:'(]

Another site I quite like for weather not only in France but further afield too is

http://woozor.be/meteo-gratuite-10-jours/meteo-de-bruxelles-en-belgique_22_1652_be.html

It defaults to Belgium but of course you can select whatever country you want, it's a 10 day forecast as well

All I got this morning was a blank white page, but it's all fine now apart from the 10/10 cloud cover [:-))]

The yahoo weather site was the same too? I wonder if someone knicked all the weather and for once there wasn't weather in all areas?

Wolly, you should know that they have the biggest computers in the world so that they can predict the wrong weather faster than anyone else. To use you silly idea all they would do is make a boob quicker! You are a silly boy at times [:P]

As a matter of interest, did you realise that a good metrologist is a bloke who can look into a girls eyes and tell whether [6]

I think you might find the problem is with DNS. If IP addresses have been changed for a particular domain, new addresses are published to the millions of DNS servers throughout the world. It can take hours or days for these updates to propogate worldwide and may not have reached your DNS/ISP. Using different machines on the same internet connection gave me  the same wrong sites, so it's not the machine that is at fault. If you are using windows you can clear the DNS cache in your machine using the command line command: ipconfig/dnsflush. This might help!

Kong

[quote user="Kong"]

I think you might find the problem is with DNS. If IP addresses have been changed for a particular domain, new addresses are published to the millions of DNS servers throughout the world. It can take hours or days for these updates to propogate worldwide and may not have reached your DNS/ISP. Using different machines on the same internet connection gave me  the same wrong sites, so it's not the machine that is at fault. If you are using windows you can clear the DNS cache in your machine using the command line command: ipconfig/dnsflush. This might help!

Kong

[/quote]

Thanks Kong - that sounds logical. It was just peculiar to see something like that happen and not know why.