Hello, been browsing the glossy brochures that come each week and trying to work out what these new state of the art TVs can do. Is there any way of receiving french TV without a dish? ie via Orange live box and the optional TV receiver, or through one of the new TVs that seem have lots of "stuff" all ready to go. Please excuse my total lack of tech. speak and know-how. Thanks Hester.

There are 2 ways to get French TV with no dish, either streaming via your internet connection or receiving TNT via an aerial and a decoder.

1)You can receive TV on your Orange livebox if you are in the right zone, and are subscribed to a so-called triple-play offer (Internet/telephone/TV).

Most posters here live in the country or more remote locations, so can't get this, but some people (those of us who live in a relatively urban area)  can.

2)My freebox would also act as the decoder that you need between an aerial and the TV set. I don't know if the livebox does the same, but there are several posters here that know about Orange.  If it does you only need a simple aerial capable of receiving TNT signals to feed into the box.

Thank you for your replies. I do have the triple package with Orange so will call into their shop and ask if it will work in my area. Can I also ask, do you know what the 3D TV's are? They offer 3D glasses to go with them. Will this just be for viewing certain films or programmes that are made in 3D, would it work for UK TV via a Sky box? I am going to go into town to ask, but useful to have some information beforehand. Thanks, Hester.