Anyone got one of these little beauties? However I am having problems downloading movie files. I have loads of avi movies and have converted some to mp4, which Nexus7 is supposed to accept, but when I hard wire a connection I keep getting a message informing me that the device does not support .mp4 files!!! However if I go down the Bluetooth route there is no problem, albeit it takes about 10hours to transfer a normal 800mgbt file!! I am using MX Player app on the Nexus.

I can't speak about the Nexus 7 because I don't have one but I do have a Samsung Galaxy S phone and as you know both run on Android. When I copy across avi films (I don't convert them) I get a message to tell me that it won't play the films, I click on OK and it continues to copy but when I try to play them they work fine. My phone is running Android 4.0, you will probably be running the same or you might be running 4.1 if your lucky. I use the USB port to transfer files and stuck a 32GB micro card in the phone.

It sounds like you don't have the right codecs installed.

I had this problem on my Toshiba Thrive tablet before I got rid of it. I think there's a movie player called mplayer (perhaps mobo player) or something similar on the playstore. Download it and its codecs and you should be fine to play most video files. If that's not the one, google best android video player and you should be able to find one with all relevant codecs supported.

I've never seen the Nexus, but does it have an sd card slot? This would be the quickest and easiest way to get movies onto it. Doing it via bluetooth is not really a viable option.

Yep, have already downloaded that and converted to mp4 as instructed but still no joy on transferring. Obviously I am doing, or not doing something right but will keep plugging away. It must be something very simple because it has defeated me!!!!!

Yeah, I wouldn't have thought it would be that hard to get movies on. It should be a simple case of connect to the pc, and then navigate on windows explorer and find the nexus and then copy to a folder on the device.

Um... as it's android based, try going into settings and find connectivity mode, or words to that effect. Hopefully there's a drop down menu or an option to select mass storage mode. My phone's only on android 2.2, but I have the option for it to do one of four things when connected to the usb, namely windows media sync, modem mode, mass storage mode or recharge mode.

This shouldn't be that difficult, it's not like it's an apple device which bitches at you if you don't have itunes. I can't think of anything else, but bringing files via bluetooth as you have been is not really a viable option.

Yessssssssssss, cracked it!!!!

I found a sub-menu of a sub-menu that was labelled Media Device (MTP) which enabled media files to be transferred on Windows or using Android files.

Downloaded a 1.3gbt film in 2 minutes rather than 10hours via Bluetooth and I've still got 8gigs space left!

Thanks.