BBC1/ITV/C4 and C5 Gone!

Okay, so this morning turned on tele - watched Midlands news on BBC  - no problems. However now we discover we're watching BBC1 Wales, and when turning on the satellite box to check the channels, BBC1, ITV, C4 and C5 are missing, but I can find C5+1 etc. The satellite box starts at 102 - BBC2, then jumps to 116 - BBC3 etc. Where have these channels suddenly gone to? have tried seaching for new channels, but not there - mind you channel 8010 is - think that's the new BBC i-player channel. We watch via free-sat on sky.

Any ideas?

Hi Anton,

The satellite receiver is a Amstrad model DRX280 Sky plus - was fine this morning,

There is no snow here at all today, all rained away. All other channels working fine. Just BBC1 - 101, ITV -103, C4 - 104, C5 - 105 disappeared totally off the box.

Signal strength and quality both show good

We are right down south and we lost all the C5 stable some time back which was to be expected. I don't have HD but I can hear Mrs 'Q' watching Dickinson's Real Deal as I type this so obviously C4 is OK as are all the others that we normally get. Sounds to me that the problem is at your end.

Which channels do you receive on 950 through 999 ?

950: Sky Intro

951: BBC 1 Scotland

952: BBC 1 Wales

953: BBC 1 NI

954: BBC 1 London

955: BBC 1 NE & C

956: BBC 1 Yorks

957: BBC 1 Yrks&Lin

958: BBC 1 N West

959: BBC 1 W Mids

960: BBC 1 E Mids

961: BBC 1 East (E)

962: BBC 1 East (W)

963: BBC 1 S East

964: BBC 1 South

965: BBC 1 Oxford

966: BBC 1 West

967: BBC 1 S West

968: BBC 1 CI

969: BBC 2 England

970: BBC 2 Scotland

971: BBC 2 Wales

972: BBC 2 NI

973: ITV1 London

974: Channel 4

975: Channel 4 +1

[quote user="Sprogster"]Quillan, I get the C5 channels OK with a metre dish down on the Med.[/quote]

Yes I know but I only have a 60cm dish and a 95 waiting to go up which is why we lost the c% channels. Judging by the cr*p on the program listing we didn't miss much. I do need to get the new dish up over the next couple of weeks before all the BBC SD and HD channels move to 2F (like they said on the BBC blog) as I don't want to be without my 6N rugby.

I was just pointing out that the channels had not changed so it was the OP's end that had a problem which has now fixed it's self.

I read, again on the BBC blog, that it is on a different transponder on 2F and that is what they are testing. From what I understood from the 2F thread is that the channels would carry on at the same frequency on the old satellite while they test at a different frequency on the new one. When everything is OK they set the new satellite to the old frequency and turn off the old satellite transmission. Therefore your problem would be nothing to do with 2F and anyway we all all be complaining, especially me if they had changed anything. When one of the guru's gets home they can explain it much better than I.

Yes, I understand that, however I was on the Astra 2F Satellite page - it shows the new satellite having a much tighter band width and looks as if we are only just within the circle of receivership for the new satellite. I will have a word with John Sidwell - he's in our village (BDS), and would know what's happening.

If you have been receiving Channel 5 and all its stable mates plus Four-seven up until you had this problem then it is nothing to do with 2F as they were moved there (along with some BBC HD channels) before Christmas. So it is definitely nothing to do with 4F as John will tell you.

[quote user="Keni"]You're not going to believe this - but they've all suddenly re-appeared! From when I wrote what we were receiving, turned system off, then on again, and everything has come back -so what was that all about?
[/quote]

Standard procedure if anything goes iffy - unplug, leave for a couple of minutes and fire up again.  Usually works.

[quote user="Gardian"]

[quote user="Keni"]You're not going to believe this - but they've all suddenly re-appeared! From when I wrote what we were receiving, turned system off, then on again, and everything has come back -so what was that all about?
[/quote]

Standard procedure if anything goes iffy - unplug, leave for a couple of minutes and fire up again.  Usually works.

[/quote]

Advanced procedure - give it a damn good thrashing, normally does not solve the problem but it feels good.

I have 3 ordinary Sky boxes running here 24/7 so can tell you conclusively that whatever is wrong has to be at your end.

Have you tried forcing an update:

While holding down the 'Backup' backup button on the box connect the power. Keep holding 'Backup' until all the lights come on the front of the box then release. You should see a message on the TV saying that an update is in progress etc. etc.