Using a Sky HD box for non HD

Hi, can any of the satellite experts help please.

We’ve got Freesat via a Pace ‘box but this unfortunately

died during our last trip over. We brought it back to the uk in the hope of

getting it repaired but our son has offered us his redundant Sky HD box

instead.

My question is, Will it work? Our dish only has 1 cable to the ‘box, but HD systems have 2. If it will work which input do we

connect to the dish?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

the two feeds are not relevent to HD. You need two feeds if you want to view a channel whilst recording another (in general).

Is it a Sky Plus  (Sky+) box? i.e. does it have the recording facilities? I think you can plug your cable into either connection on the back, I think they are labelled Tuner 1 and Tuner 2 - so stick it into 1 to be safe 

I may be over-interpreting but I wonder if the o/p is actually also asking whether an HD box will work with a standard definition TV.

If so the answer is - generally speaking - yes.   I believe that every HD box has at least ONE Scart (Peritel) socket on it and you can use this to hook up non HD equipment.

Sorry if I've just given a lesson on egg-sucking....   The rest of the advice given is also of course entirely relevant,  and the point about the subscription!

Ok taking this a stage further, if I had a twin LNB and as said you can't record if you don't have a subscription does the box have two outputs, IE could I say watch UK television on one tuner and record another channel via a dvd recorder on the other tuner output? or am I talking rubbish.