Keeping an Orange e-mail address when we move to Wimax

The new Wimax aerial in our commune is now operational and so we have the chance to use it for accessing the internet by subscribing through one of several  service providers.  Virtually all the required hardware and set-up costs are covered too!  Our broadband via Orange is often slower than dial-up so we are very pleased we have an alternative.

We have e-mail addresses with Orange which we are not much used but I am also secretary for a local association and send and receive many e-mails via Orange on its behalf, with an address which is registered to our Orange account (the association was only set up a couple of years ago).  I assume that when we no longer have an Orange broadband service we will lose this e-mail address, which will be a real headache.  Is it possible to re-register the same address to another Orange subscriber?  And does anyone know the period of grace - if any -  that  we will have after the changeover?  Fortunately my e-mails, both sent and received, and contacts, are stored on my computer in Macmail so I won't lose those.

Thanks,

Val

PS I've just caught up with the thread below on changing from Orange and I gather it's not possible to keep an address though the period of grace seems to differ enormously.  What about the second point, though, of handing over the address for use by another Orange subscriber after I have cancelled it?

I think you can use forwarding for a while to a new address but how long that would be I don't have a clue. Strangely enough I found by old BT internet address which has not been used for over 12 years, it is still active and I can log in to it, full of spam of course. You can't 'move' the address to another user you will have to delete it first and wait a couple of days for the address to disappear. You can then let another user create the address on their Orange account. There is no guarantee that this will work. It might pay you to contact Orange, give them a story like you're going back to the UK and then explain about your association and would it be possible to move the address to another Orange subscriber.